Missing Days off tour

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by wellyhead, Nov 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hello,

    I left the regs back in '99 and ending up joining the TA no long before JPA kicked in

    Now I have assumed my proof of service was my red book detailing where I have been etc, now when I left there was a few minor mistakes, as expected this is the army after all, but the biggest one was an entire tour In NI. I returned from Bosnia early 1998 and went into OPTAG training within a couple of months and knocked out a short and rather uninteresting tour of Belfast, being in the middle of peace process. However my Red book claims I spent the remainder of my service in Germany, the Regt I went to Bosnia was a German Regt, I was UK based, however the only time I spent in Germany was pre deployment as I went straight back to the UK from Split. I left very shortly after my tour.

    When I left I had no room to argue and didn't give a toss, even when I joined the TA, but now they have shortened the time required for ACSM, I wondered if there was any way of rectifying this or is it simply a case of tough titty.

    I have no solid proof that I was in NI that period, beyond the Regts deployment, but I don't know the dates and can't for the life of me remember the details

    Cheers for anything , even abuse
  2. Phone or write to the medals office and ask them if you qualify tor the ACSM, they should have all your dates etc.

    Service Personnel and Veterans Agency (SPVA)
    MOD Medal Office
    Innsworth House
    Imjin Barracks
    GL3 1HW
    JPAC Enquiry Centre:
    Tel: 0141 224 3600
    Veterans Freephone: 0800 085 3600
  3. Cheers mate, I'm not looking to qualify, as I am pretty sure that I a short, but by how much I don't know

    My question is does JPA hold every tour date from the past in a central source, or does it rely in what is entered, i have that nagging feeling that they only have what I gave the clerk from my red book

  4. napier

    napier LE Moderator Reviewer

    JPA only contains what was entered after JPA went online. Your P File should contain your paper UNICOM printout, with all posting and tour dates up to about 2007. Funnily enough I'm missing a NATO Bosnia tour off of mine (although it shows the medal as being issued) but that has no relevance for the ACSM.
  5. Wellyhead, JPA only holds data back to 2006/07 and even then is may just stay Army/Historical. Put in a Subject Access Request to the APC at the address below for your UNICOM print and contents of AF B9999. Was this your first NI tour? copy of your medal receipt should be on there and if lucky application as manual apps back then.

    APC MS Support - Disclosures 2
    MP 535, Kentigern House,
    65 Brown Street, Glasgow G2 8EX
    Tel: 0845 600 9663
    Fax: 0141 224 3172

    In the case of former officers or soldiers verification of identify is required (a photocopy of a driving license or passport or a recent utility bill). Following initial acknowledgement Disclosures 2 have up to forty calendar days of receipt to disclose information.
  6. Reason I put the contact details was because they can check your full service file and if you ask nicely may tell you by how many days you fall short.