Missing competencies on JPA

Hello all,

I was a fully trained Royal Marines Commando for a few years. After several years as a Civvy I have joined my local army reserves unit. While on Mod 1 I was advised by the DL that I should wear the commando flashes as once you are commando trained and served with your unit they can be worn on your uniform in perpetuity. I have also been advised to check my competencies and JPA to make sure the commando cse is on there and here lies the problem, when I go on MyMuster the commando cse isn't there. The only thing in my competencies is my driving licence, you don't get a commando course cert when you pass as a royal marine the same as you do when you pass the AACC so I don't have any physical evidence other than the NVQ Level 2 in Public Services issued by CTCRM when you pass the course.

Is this certificate proof enough that I have passed the Commando Course?: and if it isn't, who do I approach at CTC in order to get the evidence that I need?

Any help will be gratefully received.

Cheers,
Steve.

olafthered

LE
Book Reviewer
Hello all,

I was a fully trained Royal Marines Commando for a few years. After several years as a Civvy I have joined my local army reserves unit. While on Mod 1 I was advised by the DL that I should wear the commando flashes as once you are commando trained and served with your unit they can be worn on your uniform in perpetuity. I have also been advised to check my competencies and JPA to make sure the commando cse is on there and here lies the problem, when I go on MyMuster the commando cse isn't there. The only thing in my competencies is my driving licence, you don't get a commando course cert when you pass as a royal marine the same as you do when you pass the AACC so I don't have any physical evidence other than the NVQ Level 2 in Public Services issued by CTCRM when you pass the course.

Is this certificate proof enough that I have passed the Commando Course?: and if it isn't, who do I approach at CTC in order to get the evidence that I need?

Any help will be gratefully received.

Cheers,
Steve.
Depending on how long the "few years" is, your service number from your RM time should allow a JPA superuser to access the old record and pull anything through....

Should...

partyr

Old-Salt
Your unit admin staff can pull your old record using your previous service number using a form to the JPA Team, DPRR.

partyr

Old-Salt
Yes, because it is a Data legacy request they can apply for, so pre-JPA records.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
I imagine a polite phonecall to the ihub at CTC could furnish you with the course evidence you require.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
I could find it for you, but better you ask your ihub; also, I have no idea if you are legit ir just trolling.

Calimero

Clanker
My Muster only has current competencies. If you logon at a JPA terminal you can access more options and historic competency. For example having transferred from Infantry as a trained Infantry Soldier I no longer have that as a current competency.

Latest Threads