Missing 16SR ED

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Disco, Dec 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Worrying news as we head into Christmas.

MISSING SOLDIER

Hope he is found soon.

2. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Has anyone looked to see what is on the other side of the wall?

Could be anything from a pi22ed up squaddie kipping in a bush, to a 100mtr drop into the ocean.....

Bit of a vague article.

3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Made our local news, seems that they rowed a bit and he wandered off bladdered up.

4. It was a 12 foot drop into the sea.

Not seen since last Friday, here's hoping Jacko.

5. According to the family who were interviewed this lunch time (thurs), the wall was less than 3 feet in height. If he had stood up at any stage the G/F would have had no trouble in seeing him. The girlfriend expected to meet him at the walls end, she thought he was crouching as he ran along hidden from her, so he could scare her when they met.

Sadly, as we know he hasn’t been seen since Friday. He is only 18, lets hope that he is simply lying low, well embarrassed and wondering, “How the f*c* can I get out of this stupid mess that I have got myself into?” God forbid there isn’t going to be any black sinister outcome to this. Let's hope its sorted by Christmas day.

6. given the number of lucky-lucky men transitting the canaries this is a real possibility.

7. Unfotunatly, (as far as I have heard) it has not.

8. Fingers crossed that the lad is OK, but it doesn't look too good.

9. Is there any update on this story?

10. Not as far as I am aware.

I am afraid that it's looking increasingly like bad news on this.

Let's hope not though...

11. It doesn't look good, but here is hopeing against hope that the lad turns up.

What is the crack with this wall? 3ft, 10ft, 100ft drop in to the sea?

12. Its on the front at Calleo Salvaje. A small wall with a view of the ocean there is a bit of a parapet on the other side but it is on a cliff - really big drop!

13. No news at all yet :(

14. Knowing the village well, on the other side of the wall is varying amounts of cliff edge to sheer drop off, and the cliff edge is surprisingly unstable for having a wall on it.

Calleo is also known for the currents which run past it - very strong and very unpredicatable, I visit at least twice and year and have never done a shore dive from that part of the coast for that reason (the next village down the coast and the old Banana plantation up the coast are fine the currents seem to touch the headland at Calleo then head back out to sea). It has no beach because while busy building it they realised it would be unsafe to do so thanks to the nature of the local currents - and the first couple of tonnes of sand dumped got washed away within days because they put the breakwater where the only fishing quay was.

As much as I and anyone else connected with the village would love to have a happy ending the mutterings in the village are that his body is unlikely to be found as it'll be somewhere in the deep water out towards La Gomerra by now. :(

15. Any updates?