Missed out on promotion board

Just found out i am not selected for CPL in this year promotion board although i was given recommendation with OPG B+. My overall SJAR was very good with lots of high profile achievement through out my reporting year. But now i am dissapointed and feels like betrayed by my CoC and regiment. So, what do i have to do more than this to come off the board. And later to add more salt on my wound, found out one of the guy from my sqn got promoted. How the hell on earth he got promoted? That guy is always on biff, lazy, skiver, never does his jobs, always away from workplace ie appointments, he hasnt done anything through out the year which could make him stand out from others. So how these kind of people gets promotion? I dont understand this. If i have to talk evidence wise, i can ask for his report and my report to compare side by side and talk with my CoC. But at the end army is always like this. So, now i am little bit stressed and my wife is also little upset because of this kind of treatment towards me all after doing so much hard work but not rewarded. I am bit confused what next to do. Shall i sign off? Or shall i wait for next year again? Or put a service complain? So, guys please give me right advice and guidence on this matter.

Lastly, with the OPG B+ And 1 rank up YES, they put me in mid third in whole regiment among all the Lcpls. Is that fair?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away I was put forward for promotion to Cpl. I was not really expecting it but it would have been really nice :)

I didn't get it and part of the feedback was that the person who did pick up was older than me and I had more time to pick up. That niggled me for ages but I got over it (almost).

No help i know but it will come if/when it is deserved, in time.

My OC came and told me unfortunately i am not selected. And trying give me sympathy by saying i missed it from very small margin. But i know thats all rubbish. He is trying to be nice and wants me to look next year. And yeah, he will get back to me after getting more info from RCMO dept.

morsk

LE
Just found out i am not selected for CPL in this year promotion board although i was given recommendation with OPG B+. Is that fair?
Life is not fair cupcake. There is always next year or 7 clicks. Who are you going to put in a service complaint against? B+ and mid third? Not exactly illuminating the heavens with your career by the sounds of it. If you are RLC you only get promoted by stabbing everyone of your peers in the back anyway.

Life is not fair cupcake. There is always next year or 7 clicks. Who are you going to put in a service complaint against? B+ and mid third? Not exactly illuminating the heavens with your career by the sounds of it. If you are RLC you only get promoted by stabbing everyone of your peers in the back anyway.
Every single one of my LCpls who was eligible got picked up, I wrote 4 of the 6 SJARs.

morsk

LE
Every single one of my LCpls who was eligible got picked up, I wrote 4 of the 6 SJARs.
And apparently you are the only man past or present who gives a f**k about the blokes. Do you also walk on water?

My OC came and told me unfortunately i am not selected. And trying give me sympathy by saying i missed it from very small margin. But i know thats all rubbish. He is trying to be nice and wants me to look next year. And yeah, he will get back to me after getting more info from RCMO dept.
I bet you a million dollars he will tell you that you missed out by half a point ^~

I have sat on LCpl to Cpl grading/promotion boards, at Sqn, and Regtl Level,

There is generally very little to choose between most people on the board - sorry, but there it is. We have a very short time to grade you against your peers, and have to go from your reports - I'd sit down with your Tp/Pl Comd and/or OC and explain that your are feeling a bit put out and why. They may suggest things which wil get you 'extra credit' on the board next year.

My top tip - don't do every extra task and end up doing a poor/average job, do a select few and make a shining example of how it should be done - even better if you do something unpopular well. If you do 'S**t job numbers 1-101' but only are average, everyone will remember the fact it was average, not that you did the 100 s**t jobs. do number 4, 7 and 97 but really well then people remember 'LCpl Snipper took on additional tasks and performed them to an exceptionally high standard, alongside excellent discharge of his normal duties.'

Hope this helps, good luck.

You got a B+ at LCpl rank. You need to be high third with A's. There are also shit load of you......so you need to be written on that you are awesome by your own admission, it didnt read like that.
Dont worry, people will continue to be promoted above you that you "think" should not be promoted.....get pissed and moan to the missus then move on.

And apparently you are the only man past or present who gives a f**k about the blokes. Do you also walk on water?
Well, let just say all the good lads want a transfer into my Troop. 100% of all recommendations (so far) make the promotion line, vastly over-represented in the sqn promotions lists, least biffs, most deployment/detachment etc.

Maybe I'll give the water to wine thing a shot rather than walking on the stuff.

You got a B+ at LCpl rank. You need to be high third with A's. There are also shit load of you......so you need to be written on that you are awesome by your own admission, it didnt read like that.
Dont worry, people will continue to be promoted above you that you "think" should not be promoted.....get pissed and moan to the missus then move on.
Depends on his capbadge, the RLC promoted some people with B, Yes to one up, dev to two up.

and you need the Bde Comd to sign off A grades these days. Not impossible, but most won't bother except in truly exceptional circumstances.

If you were middle third in the regiment, why were you even expecting to pick up?

Depends on his capbadge, the RLC promoted some people with B, Yes to one up, dev to two up.
Yes i am a RLC supplier . As you have said people get promoted even with B grade. But my point is, as i have seen in RCMO directive for MS writing, you cant put a SP with OPG B+ in middle third. That what has happened with me.

WhiskeyTango

Old-Salt
In order for you to promote to Cpl you need to show you are consistently effective at work over more than one promoting period. You need to be mature, dependable, and importantly you need to place high enough within the BATTALION to earn a Cpl PID.

I'd suggest the fact you'd consider signing off because you've not promoted first look suggests you're self entitled and somewhat skewed in your self regard, something the CoC will have picked up on. Perhaps not, but I suspect it's the case.

Anyway.

Ensure you get an MPAR and ask the officer to be ******* ruthless otherwise it's pointless.

Engage early with the CoC and let them know you want to promote and you're willing to go the extra mile.

Don't complain about your peers, be modest about yourself, be loyal to the CoC and be positive. Otherwise nobody will trust you and you won't get promoted.

PM me if you'd like me to go over your SJAR with you.

If you were middle third in the regiment, why were you even expecting to pick up?[/QUOTE

What i am saying is at first place i shouldnt be in middle third but i raised this matter before as well and my CoC told me you will get picked up so simply i was influenced by their words and accepted the sjar in a hope of getting promoted. Now i have realized that was my biggest mistake.

Frog Hall

Old-Salt
I have been in the same shitty state that you are but in the CS. Idiots promoted above me who didn't know how to do the job, which I then had to train to do it (but couldn't so left leaving me on endless TP).

But actually it was my attitude that was the problem not my skills or work quality. I had become one of those awful people who hoard their knowledge and then denigrate people without experience. It is likely that you have a particular flaw that could be easily corrected but to find out what it is you need to talk to all your fellows while being prepared to take some negative criticism that may surprise you.

Oh and don't let your wife tell you you are brilliant at your job. That is what she wants to believe.

Yes i am a RLC supplier . As you have said people get promoted even with B grade. But my point is, as i have seen in RCMO directive for MS writing, you cant put a SP with OPG B+ in middle third. That what has happened with me.
People with a B grade that I wrote on got promoted. But then as alluded to earlier, I am Jonny Awesome.
Yes you can put a B+ in the middle third. If everyone in the regiment were SAS standard you would still need a middle and bottom third.

Latest Threads