Missed ADSC - Got the dates muddled up

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by eclking, Jan 17, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm supposed to start ADSC today 17th (get there by 11:00) but in my head it was the 18th, I even told a recruiter it was on the 18th when I went to ADSC briefing and took time off work. I didn't actually have the letter, my mum had it at hers (long story) but she text messaged me a pic of the letter last month with all the information.

I just called my recruiter and he said he is going to call ADSC but he said I could get a 3 month deferral, that's what usually happens to people who miss it.

I'm devastated I've got my 1.5 run time down by just over 2 minutes in a month, practiced my maths revision, ice breaker etc. I felt suitably prepared for it, only to look at my train tickets and see the 17th to my horror.

Will I definitely have to wait 3 months even though I'm a dumb shit?
  2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

You're going RLC arn't you.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Royal Engineers and Comms Systems Operator is one of my job choices
  4. They may be your choices but it will be RLC you will get lol
  5. I'm pretty sure turning up 24hrs late counts as a fail! You need to have a chat with your mother, you should have had that letter in your hand, not a shitty text message.
  6. My estimation is that you will be lucky to get into the RLC. Maybe a career at McDonalds beckons although I imagine that even they would expect their staff to turn up on time (let alone on the right day).
    • Like Like x 1
  7. You do realise that that counts as desertion, don't you?
  8. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

You're not a crane operator in London are you?
  9. He still had 12 minutes to get there when he first posted.
  10. I've already got a job and I turn up on time, I just made an idiotic mistake. If I ever work for McDonald's a Happy Meal is on me and I'll give you two toys, just remind me in 5 years.
  11. 12 minutes and the train station is 45 minutes from where I live, I'd also have to wait for the train and then get there which would take 25-40 minutes. It'd probably take 5 minutes to find my way out of the place too. I did the right thing, I called the Army Office straight away, maybe I could have hired an aeroplane though.
  12. I actually turned up half a day early for something else, dates just aren't my thing :D
  13. Signallers

Signallers Book Reviewer

Officer Material, with Foundations.
  14. Don't worry..timing is not that important in todays army...Fire mission at 0220 ? yeah well maybe 3am-6am okay ?

• Like Like x 1