Miss World contest axes bikini round to avoid offending Muslims

It seems perfectly sensible to avoid offending local customs by dressing appropriately.

It seems pretty fucking stupid to hold Miss World in a country where such an action would be required.

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
To be fair, it's a bit like holding a drinking competition in Dubai...

Round One - Beer Label Identification

Round Two - Fastest pint necked *Scrapped due to location*

Round Three - Blindfolded beer recognition *Scrapped due to location*

etc

In other words, the organisers in this case appear to have not really done their 6 P's it would seem.

So its ok for them to be offended, but not me then?
Yep. I thought you'd have noticed by now. Anyone can be offended and so pandered to, except us

It seems perfectly sensible to avoid offending local customs by dressing appropriately. It seems pretty fucking stupid to hold Miss World in a country where such an action would be required.
Them's country, them's rules (no, not THEM). And wouldn't Cabana (or whoever) be throwing the burkha in?

It seems perfectly sensible to avoid offending local customs by dressing appropriately.

It seems pretty fucking stupid to hold Miss World in a country where such an action would be required.
Not really mate. It's Bali, western discos etc. little Oz. I'd surmise, the venue was cancelled as much for the drug factor. It's a cocaine haven.
Taking some 50+ babes with chaperones, media crews et al to a location where coke is readily accessible would not be the sharpest image for the Morleys. The recce gent would have advised strongly against the competition being held there.
Nice spin though on the Muslim angle. Very diplomatically handled all around.

Check out the book - Snowing in Bali should you need an insight to the drug dimension.

To be fair, it's a bit like holding a drinking competition in Dubai...

Round One - Beer Label Identification

Round Two - Fastest pint necked *Scrapped due to location*

Round Three - Blindfolded beer recognition *Scrapped due to location*

etc

In other words, the organisers in this case appear to have not really done their 6 P's it would seem.
Dubai is quite a big drinking place. Even for the Muslims.

Not really mate. It's Bali, western discos etc. little Oz. I'd surmise, the venue was cancelled as much for the drug factor. It's a cocaine haven.
Taking some 50+ babes with chaperones, media crews et al to a location where coke is readily accessible would not be the sharpest image for the Morleys. The recce gent would have advised strongly against the competition being held there.
Nice spin though on the Muslim angle. Very diplomatically handled all around.

Check out the book - Snowing in Bali should you need an insight to the drug dimension.
You been trying the merchandise then?

They haven't cancelled it, just not doing the one round with bikinis.

All the rest of it is going ahead.