Miss Jenkins on Watchdog-re: Mobiles in Afghanistan

#1
Is this new? Cancelling suspending mobile 'phone connections whilst serving in Afghanistan. Companies under fire. Way to go Katie!

UPdate...all companies will now, sort it....apart from...??
 
#2
3 and Talk....... won't be bothering with a contract with them then.
 
#5
Plant-Pilot said:
3 and Talk....... won't be bothering with a contract with them then.
3 Will do it, they suspended mine and although overseas i am certainly not in Afghan. Its a bit of a pain dealing with the language barrier from their call centre but all i did was provide a letter from the OC, which i thought was fair enough and the contract is suspended for up to 12 months.

Fair play to them i say.
 
#6
Just been announce via watchdog that 02 have lifted the ban on this issue
 
#7
Reading through the responses to Watchdog's enquiry - there are some slippery bastards in business in the UK! Good for Katherine Jenkins. Not just a pretty face...................... :hump:
 
#8
Well guys what you gonna do?

Accept this shabby, sub-standard non-service or switch mobile-phone provider.... l'm sure if enough HMF, as well as their families become pro-active in not renewing their contracts or not selecting either of these providers - these companies just might sit-up and reconsider their actions.

Do what your good at: Organising yourselves, working together and communicating. Your a mighty force altogether - use your skills. You shouldn't pay, nor put up with an unacceptable service.

Or is it the usual case, pick on HMF 'cos their easy targets. As for getting a letter from the OC, a bit like asking your dad can you go out tonight. lt's insulting, demeaning as well as humilating, your ALL adults; why can't you be respected as such?
 
#9
Tastytoggle said:
Reading through the responses to Watchdog's enquiry - there are some slippery bastards in business in the UK! Good for Katherine Jenkins. Not just a pretty face...................... :hump:
Have you seen more than the rest of us ?
 
#10
I work for O2, and conveniently we had a service update today telling us how we've changed our process to make it easier for service men/women to suspend their mobile phone accounts, especially if they're going to be away for less than 6 months.

Incidently we've also been told that this decision has nothing to do with this watchdog.
 
#11
Orange was quite happy to suspend my contract when I went Iraq in Nov 08. However, when I came back on R&R and needed the use the phone, I could not then suspend it again when I went back to finish my tour. One shot only,apparently.
 
#12
Tastytoggle said:
Reading through the responses to Watchdog's enquiry - there are some slippery bastards in business in the UK! Good for Katherine Jenkins. Not just a pretty face...................... :hump:
No - the rest of her is in shockingly good order too (liked the hint of chapel hat pegs under that frock of hers) :hump: :hump: :hump: . . . . only problem is, I couldn't hear a word she said over the rush of blood to my appendages . . . :oops:
 
#13
Jordo said:
I work for O2, and conveniently we had a service update today telling us how we've changed our process to make it easier for service men/women to suspend their mobile phone accounts, especially if they're going to be away for less than 6 months.

Incidently we've also been told that this decision has nothing to do with this watchdog.
My bold: as you said jordo very convenient that considering it's now been bought to the public's attention :wink:

It's only when cases/situations like these that make consumer programmes highlight the fact how 'certain' companies treat their customers, makes your blood boil sometimes :evil:
 
#14
Stonker said:
Tastytoggle said:
Reading through the responses to Watchdog's enquiry - there are some slippery bastards in business in the UK! Good for Katherine Jenkins. Not just a pretty face...................... :hump:
No - the rest of her is in shockingly good order too (liked the hint of chapel hat pegs under that frock of hers) :hump: :hump: :hump: . . . . only problem is, I couldn't hear a word she said over the rush of blood to my appendages . . . :oops:
That makes two of us Stonk's! That dress did'nt hide anything,did it!! :D
 
#15
A very flimsy reason to post piccies of the wee girl,just in case someone is not too sure of who she is.
So what are you waiting for?
 
#17
It's also in bigbird's 'watchdog clip link'

(very tight & bulging in the right places by all accounts)
 
#18
Sir_General_Jackarson said:
Or is it the usual case, pick on HMF 'cos their easy targets.
Yes how dare a company insist you honour the contract that you signed. :roll:
 
#19
stacker1 said:
Sir_General_Jackarson said:
Or is it the usual case, pick on HMF 'cos their easy targets.
Yes how dare a company insist you honour the contract that you signed. :roll:
Account suspension not cancellation ! just stop the account for the period of time then continue the contract with the time added to the lease of time period.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads