Miss Jenkins on Watchdog-re: Mobiles in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by shagnasty, May 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is this new? Cancelling suspending mobile 'phone connections whilst serving in Afghanistan. Companies under fire. Way to go Katie!

UPdate...all companies will now, sort it....apart from...??
  2. 3 and Talk....... won't be bothering with a contract with them then.
  3. Explain further ?
  4. watchdog did a piece about soldiers suspending contracts whilst on ops

watchdog write up
  5. 3 Will do it, they suspended mine and although overseas i am certainly not in Afghan. Its a bit of a pain dealing with the language barrier from their call centre but all i did was provide a letter from the OC, which i thought was fair enough and the contract is suspended for up to 12 months.

Fair play to them i say.
  6. Just been announce via watchdog that 02 have lifted the ban on this issue
  7. Reading through the responses to Watchdog's enquiry - there are some slippery bastards in business in the UK! Good for Katherine Jenkins. Not just a pretty face...................... :hump:
  8. Well guys what you gonna do?

Accept this shabby, sub-standard non-service or switch mobile-phone provider.... l'm sure if enough HMF, as well as their families become pro-active in not renewing their contracts or not selecting either of these providers - these companies just might sit-up and reconsider their actions.

Do what your good at: Organising yourselves, working together and communicating. Your a mighty force altogether - use your skills. You shouldn't pay, nor put up with an unacceptable service.

Or is it the usual case, pick on HMF 'cos their easy targets. As for getting a letter from the OC, a bit like asking your dad can you go out tonight. lt's insulting, demeaning as well as humilating, your ALL adults; why can't you be respected as such?
  9. Have you seen more than the rest of us ?
  10. I work for O2, and conveniently we had a service update today telling us how we've changed our process to make it easier for service men/women to suspend their mobile phone accounts, especially if they're going to be away for less than 6 months.

Incidently we've also been told that this decision has nothing to do with this watchdog.
  11. Orange was quite happy to suspend my contract when I went Iraq in Nov 08. However, when I came back on R&R and needed the use the phone, I could not then suspend it again when I went back to finish my tour. One shot only,apparently.
  12. No - the rest of her is in shockingly good order too (liked the hint of chapel hat pegs under that frock of hers) :hump: :hump: :hump: . . . . only problem is, I couldn't hear a word she said over the rush of blood to my appendages . . . :oops:
  13. My bold: as you said jordo very convenient that considering it's now been bought to the public's attention :wink:

It's only when cases/situations like these that make consumer programmes highlight the fact how 'certain' companies treat their customers, makes your blood boil sometimes :evil:
  14. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

That makes two of us Stonk's! That dress did'nt hide anything,did it!! :D
  15. A very flimsy reason to post piccies of the wee girl,just in case someone is not too sure of who she is.
    So what are you waiting for?