Miss Jenkins on Watchdog-re: Mobiles in Afghanistan

Is this new? Cancelling suspending mobile 'phone connections whilst serving in Afghanistan. Companies under fire. Way to go Katie!

UPdate...all companies will now, sort it....apart from...??

3 and Talk....... won't be bothering with a contract with them then.

Plant-Pilot said:
3 and Talk....... won't be bothering with a contract with them then.
3 Will do it, they suspended mine and although overseas i am certainly not in Afghan. Its a bit of a pain dealing with the language barrier from their call centre but all i did was provide a letter from the OC, which i thought was fair enough and the contract is suspended for up to 12 months.

Fair play to them i say.

Just been announce via watchdog that 02 have lifted the ban on this issue

Reading through the responses to Watchdog's enquiry - there are some slippery bastards in business in the UK! Good for Katherine Jenkins. Not just a pretty face...................... :hump:

Well guys what you gonna do?

Accept this shabby, sub-standard non-service or switch mobile-phone provider.... l'm sure if enough HMF, as well as their families become pro-active in not renewing their contracts or not selecting either of these providers - these companies just might sit-up and reconsider their actions.

Do what your good at: Organising yourselves, working together and communicating. Your a mighty force altogether - use your skills. You shouldn't pay, nor put up with an unacceptable service.

Or is it the usual case, pick on HMF 'cos their easy targets. As for getting a letter from the OC, a bit like asking your dad can you go out tonight. lt's insulting, demeaning as well as humilating, your ALL adults; why can't you be respected as such?

Tastytoggle said:
Reading through the responses to Watchdog's enquiry - there are some slippery bastards in business in the UK! Good for Katherine Jenkins. Not just a pretty face...................... :hump:
Have you seen more than the rest of us ?

I work for O2, and conveniently we had a service update today telling us how we've changed our process to make it easier for service men/women to suspend their mobile phone accounts, especially if they're going to be away for less than 6 months.

Incidently we've also been told that this decision has nothing to do with this watchdog.

Orange was quite happy to suspend my contract when I went Iraq in Nov 08. However, when I came back on R&R and needed the use the phone, I could not then suspend it again when I went back to finish my tour. One shot only,apparently.

Tastytoggle said:
No - the rest of her is in shockingly good order too (liked the hint of chapel hat pegs under that frock of hers) :hump: :hump: :hump: . . . . only problem is, I couldn't hear a word she said over the rush of blood to my appendages . . . :oops:

Jordo said:
I work for O2, and conveniently we had a service update today telling us how we've changed our process to make it easier for service men/women to suspend their mobile phone accounts, especially if they're going to be away for less than 6 months.

Incidently we've also been told that this decision has nothing to do with this watchdog.
My bold: as you said jordo very convenient that considering it's now been bought to the public's attention :wink:

It's only when cases/situations like these that make consumer programmes highlight the fact how 'certain' companies treat their customers, makes your blood boil sometimes :evil:

Stonker said:
Tastytoggle said:
No - the rest of her is in shockingly good order too (liked the hint of chapel hat pegs under that frock of hers) :hump: :hump: :hump: . . . . only problem is, I couldn't hear a word she said over the rush of blood to my appendages . . . :oops:
That makes two of us Stonk's! That dress did'nt hide anything,did it!! :D

A very flimsy reason to post piccies of the wee girl,just in case someone is not too sure of who she is.
So what are you waiting for?

It's also in bigbird's 'watchdog clip link'

(very tight & bulging in the right places by all accounts)

Sir_General_Jackarson said:
Or is it the usual case, pick on HMF 'cos their easy targets.
Yes how dare a company insist you honour the contract that you signed. :roll:

stacker1 said:
Sir_General_Jackarson said:
Or is it the usual case, pick on HMF 'cos their easy targets.
Yes how dare a company insist you honour the contract that you signed. :roll:
Account suspension not cancellation ! just stop the account for the period of time then continue the contract with the time added to the lease of time period.