Misleading info on army mod website

Jam488

Crow
Does anyone know who I could contact regarding incorrect information on the army website? I had my heart set on the 'power engineer' role. First the website said it required a D in maths and nothing else, now it says I need a D in both maths and English, which is fine. But upon contacting my CSM he said I need a C in maths, which I don't have. This was over a week ago and the website still doesn't reflect this. I spoke to live chat on the website today and the person assured me to ignore the so called C requirement and it is definitely a D. So I contacted my CSM again and he said I still need a C. I've passed selection centre a while ago, having already been fucked over by the signals role changes this is extremely frustrating. I've been refused shading for the cyber engineer role already because I only have a C in English and not maths. Which I don't mind because at least the website tells me I need a C in both. Now he's trying to push me towards a HR role :/

Does anyone know who I could contact regarding incorrect information on the army website? I had my heart set on the 'power engineer' role. First the website said it required a D in maths and nothing else, now it says I need a D in both maths and English, which is fine. But upon contacting my CSM he said I need a C in maths, which I don't have. This was over a week ago and the website still doesn't reflect this. I spoke to live chat on the website today and the person assured me to ignore the so called C requirement and it is definitely a D. So I contacted my CSM again and he said I still need a C. I've passed selection centre a while ago, having already been fucked over by the signals role changes this is extremely frustrating. I've been refused shading for the cyber engineer role already because I only have a C in English and not maths. Which I don't mind because at least the website tells me I need a C in both. Now he's trying to push me towards a HR role :/
Power engineer, I'm guessing that is either royal signals driver electrician or royal engineers electrician, require c grades.

You weren't 'fucked over' by signals career changes. You were fucked over by your D in maths.

If you're able, you could wait and retake your GCSE maths to get a c grade or higher (it will be numbers now). Many colleges offer free courses to those without C's. You might find a quicker way but have to pay.

You could join a local reserve unit in the meantime too, any capbadge or role it won't hurt.

If you're not interested in HR, don't join it just to get in. You won't find transfering to another trade easy, or even possible.

chimera

LE
Make sure that the CSM is not confusing R Sigs Power Engineer with Royal Engineer Electrician. They are very different trades with very different entry standards. ME Elec requires a load C of grades as it is a far more technical role.

I would agree with the poster above that if you are really set on a career in R Sigs you would do well to improve your grades rather than try to fight the system. The Signals have some of the "cleverest" soldier trades in the Army, and currently you are fishng right at the bottom of the pool.

Last edited:

amnesia

Old-Salt
Your CSM is correct.

Royal Signals Cyber Engineer - Power Engineer requires a C in Maths and a D in English.

This follows a recent restructure of job roles by the Royal Signals.

Signals Electrican used to only require two Ds.

The website is incorrect (not for the first time).

That said, the number of Power Engineer roles available is slim, and you could have had a long wait.

Latest Threads