Misheard Lyrics....

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Santa_Sunday, Apr 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In the Culture Club song 'Time (Clock of The Heart)', Boy George sings:

"Time is like a clock in my heart"

To me, it always sounded like:

"Time - I've got a cock in my arse"

Which somehow seemed far more appropriate........
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I'm sure that's what he meant :oops:
  3. Ummm...

It took me years to discern that the first line of Bryan Adams song 'Summer of '69', was NOT:

"I had my first real sex dream...."
  4. Took me years to discern that Michael Jackson's "smooth criminal" was not a prophetic look into Dubya's political future.
  5. "an englishman in new york" - real lyrics "i'm an alien, i'm a legal alien". as a young teenager in the 80s, i thought it was "i'm an eddie, i'm an eagle eddie" (as in "eddie the eagle edwards")
  6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

That's the lyrics in one of Jacko's songs isn't it?
  7. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Then just imagine the problems I had with Desmond Dekker and 'The Isrealites'. Had to print off a copy of thee lyrics before I stopped singing gibberish.
  8. One of the classics is Jimi Hendrix Purple Haze which has the line "scuse me while I kiss the sky", but often misheard as "scuse me while I kiss this guy".
  9. My mother thought that Madonna's Erotic was 'Bill oddie put your hands all over my body'.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. You mean "Pa-aw, my ears are alight..." in the the same self-immolating manner as Bananarama's "I'm your penis, I'm on fire..." (ouch!).
  11. Elton John's "Camel with the wind"?
  12. I always enjoyed the soft rock classic by Jefferson Starship, "We Built This City on a Sausage Roll".
  13. The Verves "The Drugs Don't Work"

For weeks I was singing along with the "The Trucks Don't Work" when one day in the office it was on the radio and I shouted back: "Well get a mechanic in and get the fcuking trucks fixed then!"

Of course the office was full and I had the song explained to me. And of course everyone sang me "The Trucks Don't Work" later on in the bar :oops:
  14. These lyrics? :D

Maxell Israelites advert