Misheard Lyrics....

In the Culture Club song 'Time (Clock of The Heart)', Boy George sings:

"Time is like a clock in my heart"

To me, it always sounded like:

"Time - I've got a cock in my arse"

Which somehow seemed far more appropriate........

I'm sure that's what he meant :oops:

Ummm...

It took me years to discern that the first line of Bryan Adams song 'Summer of '69', was NOT:

"I had my first real sex dream...."

Took me years to discern that Michael Jackson's "smooth criminal" was not a prophetic look into Dubya's political future.

"an englishman in new york" - real lyrics "i'm an alien, i'm a legal alien". as a young teenager in the 80s, i thought it was "i'm an eddie, i'm an eagle eddie" (as in "eddie the eagle edwards")

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
CRmeansCeilingReached said:
"an englishman in new york" - real lyrics "i'm an alien, i'm a legal alien". as a young teenager in the 80s, i thought it was "i'm an eddie, i'm an eagle eddie" (as in "eddie the eagle edwards")
That's the lyrics in one of Jacko's songs isn't it?

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Then just imagine the problems I had with Desmond Dekker and 'The Isrealites'. Had to print off a copy of thee lyrics before I stopped singing gibberish.

One of the classics is Jimi Hendrix Purple Haze which has the line "scuse me while I kiss the sky", but often misheard as "scuse me while I kiss this guy".

old_fat_and_hairy said:
Then just imagine the problems I had with Desmond Dekker and 'The Isrealites'. Had to print off a copy of thee lyrics before I stopped singing gibberish.
You mean "Pa-aw, my ears are alight..." in the the same self-immolating manner as Bananarama's "I'm your penis, I'm on fire..." (ouch!).

The Verves "The Drugs Don't Work"

For weeks I was singing along with the "The Trucks Don't Work" when one day in the office it was on the radio and I shouted back: "Well get a mechanic in and get the fcuking trucks fixed then!"

Of course the office was full and I had the song explained to me. And of course everyone sang me "The Trucks Don't Work" later on in the bar :oops:

old_fat_and_hairy said:
These lyrics? :D

Maxell Israelites advert

And Bowies "Diamond Dogs"

I had the line "As they pulled you out of the oxygen tent you ask for the latest party" down as "As they pulled you out of the oxygen tent you asked for the ladies toilet"

But nobody knows that.

Fcuk :oops:

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I thought UB40's 'Ivory Madonna' was 'I've a ring doughnut'

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bushmills The NAAFI Bar 135
L The NAAFI Bar 49
General Melchett Films, Music and All Things Artsy 4