Misheard Lyrics

OK, it's been done before but I've just been reminded by hearing "Oh What a Night" by the Four Seasons.

There's a line that goes "As I recall it ended much too soon".

No matter how much I try to convince myself that these are the proper words, I still hear "it emptied my tutu".

Anyone else got some completely erroneous lyric stuck in their minds??

The old classic - I can see Clare now that Lorraine has gone!
For some reason I always mishear The Squeeze - Pulling Mussels from a shell, as Pulling muscles for Michelle!
The phenomenum is of mis-hearing lyrics has a name - the are all called Lady Mondygreens, after the words of a classic poem in which the words 'they laid him on the green' occur.

My particular favourite is the Christmas carol, 'Round John Virgin'. You work it out.

That line from Like a Prayer by Madonna...Just like a prayer, your voice can take me there...for voice can insert foreskin
There's a line in Madonna's Isla Bonita that says "Tropical the Island breeze" but I always hear "Drop the goolie Iceland breeze"
Isla bonita. Eyes like pesatos, eyes like potatoes.

She also dreams of somewhere, sounds like lumbago.

Mrs SA has an il divo cd, (its hers honest!), where they sing about messy farts, why I do not know, but they do.

Never monkey with another monkeys monkey
Tom Petty's Free Fallin' has the line 'I wanna write her name in the sky', which I always hear as 'I wanna write her name in the snow'.

His version is slightly more romantic, I must confess.
Then there is that old Christmas carol which goes something like " While shepherds washed their cocks at night all seated on the ground ...."
'Summer Breeze makes me feel fine blowing through the chasm in my mind'
Sung by Mrs Blackfrost, when said song came on radio during car journey. Slow shake of head from myself ruminating on how that moment of clarity from the long haired CO was the most accurate utterance she had made in the 15 years that we have been together.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bushmills The NAAFI Bar 135
General Melchett Films, Music and All Things Artsy 4
Santa_Sunday The NAAFI Bar 126