Misheard Lyrics

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by lumpy2, Jun 23, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OK, it's been done before but I've just been reminded by hearing "Oh What a Night" by the Four Seasons.

There's a line that goes "As I recall it ended much too soon".

No matter how much I try to convince myself that these are the proper words, I still hear "it emptied my tutu".

Anyone else got some completely erroneous lyric stuck in their minds??
  2. Daughter asked me why Sting sang "It's been a year since I broke my nose" whilst listening to "Message In A Bottle".
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Shania Twain "Man I feel like a woman" .... "cum in my hair".
    • Like Like x 2
  4. The old classic - I can see Clare now that Lorraine has gone!
    For some reason I always mishear The Squeeze - Pulling Mussels from a shell, as Pulling muscles for Michelle!
  5. That line from Like a Prayer by Madonna...Just like a prayer, your voice can take me there...for voice can insert foreskin
  6. The phenomenum is of mis-hearing lyrics has a name - the are all called Lady Mondygreens, after the words of a classic poem in which the words 'they laid him on the green' occur.

My particular favourite is the Christmas carol, 'Round John Virgin'. You work it out.

7. Nate that was a basic training song for us: thank Christ you were in the other platoon! ;)
  8. There's a line in Madonna's Isla Bonita that says "Tropical the Island breeze" but I always hear "Drop the goolie Iceland breeze"
  9. From the lyrics Yellow

When he sings Oh No whaaats this...... its should finish with I've gone shat my pants on the piss
  10. Isla bonita. Eyes like pesatos, eyes like potatoes.

She also dreams of somewhere, sounds like lumbago.

Mrs SA has an il divo cd, (its hers honest!), where they sing about messy farts, why I do not know, but they do.

Never monkey with another monkeys monkey
  11. Tom Petty's Free Fallin' has the line 'I wanna write her name in the sky', which I always hear as 'I wanna write her name in the snow'.

His version is slightly more romantic, I must confess.
  12. And the line:
    "I can't believe you kiss your cock at night."
    From the song, That don't impress me much.
  13. When my mate's son was a nipper he thought Whitney Houston sang "shaving off my muff for you"

Probably because my mate told him that's what it was.