Misguided and Bored

Discussion in 'RLC' started by happy_as_a_hat, Oct 27, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :roll: Motivation and morale is low at the mo. i joined the corps as a Tp Comd to command fine men and go on loads of tours. Instead, while every other bast*rd gets to go away I instead fight the war against poor discipline, drunkeness and ATRAs c*ck ups in camp like the hardcore REMF I didn't want to be. :(

Rant over.

Any thoughts?
  2. Transfer to someone that does go on lots of ops - and actually contains 'fine men'?
  3. You have my vote.

(What's with R-J?)
  4. Join the QDG , full of fine men , lots of medals and ops . Telic 8 on its way 3 iraq tours in 3 years .
  5. He is my former boss and my idol - top chap all round!

It's also an excellent way of recruiting more ARRSErs! :D
  6. Couldn't agree more. Without wishing to start a 'R-J is my Hero' type thread I would say that the man is hugely underestimated and well worth another star....
  7. I'll bet parliment didn't put that on the reply which was posted last week on the amount of tours each unit has done!
  8. Use your fine leadership skills etc to turn your men into 'fine men'
    No such thing as a bad unit,only bad officers.
  9. Not sure about the bad unit bad officers bit - bad NCO's possibly. Officers are not around when the boys are down the pub. Discipline must be applied by the JNCO's leaving the seniors and officer free to sort out the ATRAs c*ck ups.
  10. As I say bad officers.
  11. :lol:

Splitting hairs - but accepted. Does that mean I can put on my CV "ex-officer in HM forces"?

12. There will come a time when you'll get fed up with tours..... usually after your wife & kids have gone and you're sat in the Mess as a crusty old singly, living out of an MFO box.

Be careful what you wish for!

13. getting back to the thread: here's an idea H A A H, book yourself on a ridiculous course. P Coy or the Cdo Cse should suffice but try SF selection if you must. At the end whatever you choose you'll be far better suited to decide whether you want a life of daring do or are happy to be tucked inside your comfort zone and occasionally bored.
  14. My signature says it all!
  15. Dull c*nt!!!