Misdiagnosed asthma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello gents

I want to join the UOTC, but about a year ago i went to the doctors about a dry cough and they instantly prescribed me an inhaler without proper medical tests.

When i got the proper medical tests done it was found that it was post nasal drip (something people take after a cold for a while). So no need for an inhaler

The prescription was a year ago and ive seen that the army website says 1 year free of any medication but people say its 4 years. So is it a 1 year or 4 year ban and if so how do i appeal it.

Cheers.

Last edited:
inhalers are often (and perfectly legitimately) prescribed for chest infections. If your records state it was asthma then you have to wait, if it states prescribed for cough/ chest infection/ dry rot etc then you are fine

If your records state it was asthma then you have to wait, if it states prescribed for cough/ chest infection/ dry rot etc then you are fine
Thats the thing mate i think they just said it was asthma full stop, kinda annoying they did so because im perfectly fit and didnt realise it would hault my application. My local army career centre said that id have to wait a year. And the army website states that too but ive had mates in the army say they think its 4 years so im a bit unsure.

You need find out what it actually says on the medical records

The main question im really asking is is it 1 year or 4 years cause i can afford to take the hit if its 1 year but not if its 4 years

It maybe neither.

Find out what the medical records state.

Any advise if the records show that the inhalers were prescribed for astma (i doubt theyll update it and call it a misdiagnosis)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads