Mircosoft 'Word' and Applications

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by uncle_vanya, Nov 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have an old PC that required a new Motherboard, this was sorted. I bought small Laptop PC and I loaded the Microsoft Office applications that I had loaded on my old PC. All Microsoft applications were then 'activated' on new Laptop (Windows 7) which works now.

Old PC still has the original Microsoft Office applications. On going on Internet and updating everything, the Old PC now tells me that I cannot use the Office Applications without 'activating' them either via Internet or phone.

If I want to use the Office Applications on both machines under the original license, will I have to contact Microsoft to buy an additional PC use license so I can still use the Office Applications on my old PC?

Is there anyway round this where I don't have to contact Microsoft.

2. Depending on your version of office and the licence you may have the right to use the software on multiple machines.
    Eg the project I was in was permitted to install on our primary machine plus our laptops.
    This was due to it being a main machine, plus an occasional use machine for the same user

If your licence is for one only then you have to pay for another licence, use other software, or commit piracy

3. I had a similar problem when I upgraded my pc with more RAM and a new DVDR. I phoned Microsoft and explained and they gave me a new licence key.

4. Activation really only checks that it is a genuine microsoft product rather than how many times it has registered. Anyway what have you got to lose?

This may help anyway it seems most products have a License for two instances anyway

Did you know: Microsoft Office is licensed for two PCs? - Neowin.net

number of installations - Microsoft Answers

Although you should read the Ts&Cs on your software.