Mirage 2000D - Shot down in 95 in Bosnia - Ejection Seat

Discussion in 'Royal Air Force' started by Gundulph, Jun 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I met a local today in Sarajevo who has the Ejection Seat (SEMB Mark 10 zero-zero, a licence-built version of the British Martin-Baker Mark 10) from the Mirage 2000D that was shot down by a Serb fired 9K38 Igla in 1995, he was an Interpreter for British Forces at the time when he 'obtained' said item (some here on ARRSE may well know who I am talking about if he was your Interpreter). He asked me if I knew anyone who would want to buy such a thing! 8O

I guess the chap whose life it saved may well like it as a souvenir or even the French Air-Force as a 'Souvenir' :D

The two crew survived and were captured by the Serbs and later released, if anyone wants their Ejector seat back let me know here and I'll put you in contact with the chap... :D
  2. Ah this incident briefly mentioned here:

A French Mirage 2000 was shot down by a Serbian shoulder-fired SAM on August 30, 1995

Operation Deliberate Force

There was also a Royal Navy Sea Harrier which was shot down on Saturday, April 16th 1994 over the village of Gorazde. Would anyone know about it and any spare parts?

See here for the incident:

The Independent article

3. Why? Are defence cuts now so bad that the RAF needs spare parts of crashed SHARs to get the old fleet in the air?