Minsk Metro Blast

Belarus: Explosion Hits Metro Station In Capital Minsk Killing At Least Seven And Injuring Dozens | World News | Sky News

An explosion has reportedly hit a crowded Minsk underground station killing seven people and injuring more than 50. Belarus: Blast rocks Minsk metro near Lukashenko office.

BBC: At least seven people have been killed by an explosion in the metro system in the Belarussian capital Minsk, the state news agency Belta said.
My brother used to have a Mini Metro 1.4, that blew up too.

Neither does Belarus, but Lukashenko has loads.

T

Tremaine

I didn't think that Belarussia had any enemies these days. Shows how wrong I was.
Internal dissidents under that Soviet Dictatorship? " Outpost of tyranny" said Condoleezza Rice. Also, Lukashenko's courted Qaddafi, for cheap oil, and Syria, in the past.

They don't have a great human rights record. And they've been particularly hard on Human Rights Activists?
What has that got to do with Chechnya? How does it connect Belarus to the problems Russia is having with Chechnya?

Sadly will probably be used as an excuse to clamp down even more harshly on pro-democracy groups should they be involved or not.

T

Tremaine

What has that got to do with Chechnya? How does it connect Belarus to the problems Russia is having with Chechnya?
Hands up, it doesn't, or I can't see a connection anyway. I knew you'd pick that up after the mong quote.And I can't find any reason why this event should have happened, save that republic's political oppression and allegedly rigged elections. Almost two decades in power and it's considered the last dictatorship. Any Opposition is routinely beaten up I understand. Or perhaps it's linked to Lukoshenko and Libya. As for internal terrorism, who knows. The republic's history's far too complicated .

Hands up, it doesn't, or I can't see a connection anyway. I knew you'd pick that up after the mong quote.And I can't find any reason why this event should have happened, save that republic's political oppression and allegedly rigged elections. Almost two decades in power and it's considered the last dictatorship. Any Opposition is routinely beaten up I understand. Or perhaps it's linked to Lukoshenko and Libya. As for internal terrorism, who knows. The republic's history's far too complicated .
Having agreed that, it doesn't mean that the internal opposition haven't made some 'friends'. A huge number of people over here do not realise quite what a naughty boy Lukoshenko is. Didn't he just jail the opposition when he lost the election?

The only thing he has going in his favour is that no-one including the Russians, want to take on a country that is a festering radiactive shit heap.

As I have heard Russian, British and Israeli experts head to Belarus to help in the investigation.

Belarussian security services claim that the 'most probable' suspect has been detected and now he is being searched.

Personally, I suspect it was made by Chechens. Chechen mafia built a channel for illegal immigrants from China, Pakistan, Vietnam and so on to smuggle them to Lithuania.

In 2008 some Chechens were captured.

Íà áåëîðóññêîé ãðàíèöå çàäåðæàíû ÷å÷åíöû — îðãàíèçàòîðû êàíàëà íåçàêîííîé ìèãðàöèè | Íîâîñòè íà DATE.BS

It was not suicide bombing. The device was planted unded a bench on the platform.

Blast staged by Lukashenko to justify crack down on internal dissent and pro democracy movements.

Any takers?

Blast staged by Lukashenko to justify crack down on internal dissent and pro democracy movements.

Any takers?
But as a side affect the opposition would make a claim that pres.Lukashenko is unable to guard the people from terror acts.

Also, there is a probability (small but not zero) that the bomber would be caught on the spot by policemen or would tell about those who ordered to make an explosion.

And I would like to add that general pulic in the West in fact don't know who is mr.Lukashenko, what are his views, how he worked hard to make Belarus prosperous. The very idea that he could order to make the explosion is illogical.

Witnesses said that they saw a young man with big bag before the explosion. The man looked as non-slavic.

But as a side affect the opposition would make a claim that pres.Lukashenko is unable to guard the people from terror acts.

Also, there is a probability (small but not zero) that the bomber would be caught on the spot by policemen or would tell about those who ordered to make an explosion.

And I would like to add that general pulic in the West in fact don't know who is mr.Lukashenko, what are his views, how he worked hard to make Belarus prosperous. The very idea that he could order to make the explosion is illogical.

Witnesses said that they saw a young man with big bag before the explosion. The man looked as non-slavic.

You need to stop swallowing that Russian propaganda pavlovian Russdog

In Belarus, currency crisis pushes economy from troubled to dire

In Belarus, currency crisis pushes economy from troubled to dire - The Washington Post

On the Verge of Economic Disaster, Minsk Turns to Moscow

On the Verge of Economic Disaster, Minsk Turns to Moscow

And I would like to add that general pulic in the West in fact don't know who is mr.Lukashenko, what are his views, how he worked hard to make Belarus prosperous.
Stalin and Co turned the USSR from a backward rural, agricultural economy into the industrial golaith that knocked shit out of the Germans but you could argue it could have been done far better with a hell of alot less suffering and death.

T

Tremaine

Everyone's scratching their head it seems. That (relatively unstable) republic's security service aint saying jack shit about anyone they have in custody accused of this atrocity, which may have killed twelve, and injured about 150.

Pick out of the hat: the political situation and dissent in Belarus, Stalinist rule, allegations of Belorussian and Ukrainian mercenaries helping Qaddafi, and possibly internal dissidents turning to extremism to destabilise Lukashenko.

He has claimed only he can protect Belorussians from the nasty West, and terrorism. What if someone decided to prove him wrong?

Reichstag Fire type scenario much simpler to do and has much the same effect.