Ministry of Defence Permanent Secretary moves on... Jun 2012

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by WhiteHorse, Jun 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It may be that she doesn't get on with Hammond so has found another very well paid job rather than quitting before the fallout from the defence cuts starts really hitting the fan.

2. I thought it was snuck out a bit....good day to bury some news. Given the MOD's poor record on E and D generally it doesnt look good, I suppose she did go on promotion.

3. She was imported from the Home Office having overseen the break out of the MOJ - which is where she will return. A Gordo ' Pass me the Diazepam' Broon appointment, biddable and acceptable to the Treasury.

There are a number of 'legacy' senior Whitehall officials who have moved on. :woot:

' < Snort> ....CallMeDave needs to do a proper purge of the Brownite mandarins if he wants to make any kind of headway: starting with the feckin' Treasury - which remains stuffed with Labour Yes-Men '

.....Ahem, you might think that but I could not possibly comment :thumright:

• Like Like x 1
  4. And don't don't let the door bang you in the arse on the way out!

5. Yet another mandarin who has used the MoD as a stepping stone to greater things.

6. Greater things! From the MOD one of the highest spending ministries to the English Justice Ministry, I don't think so, how are the mighty fallen!

7. Or maybe she realises that seeing as the proverbial is already starting to hit the fan over VERS and the subsequent rehiring of Civil Servants into their former roles at higher prices and it will only get worse she is jumping before she is either pushed or made to become the sacrificial lamb by an ever-increasingly incompetent government......

8. Oh dear! What a pity! How sad! Never mind! Shades of jumping before being pushed methinks! And the Senior Civil Service reward-for-failure gravy train rolls on...

9. Or she's come to the end of her term as PUS? Will we be saying the same when the Mil top of the shop come to the end of their time in their particular office?

Niff Naff and Triv threads....love em.

10. Nope, shes going early and going to a significantly less important department. This is not normal, its akin to CGS announcing he is leaving his post to take up a new post as a regional forces commander.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Spot on! Absolutely correct! She is being moved early because she has been a less than conspicuous success at the MoD. But if she was widely acknowledged as being crap at the MoD what makes Sir Bob K (the Head of the Civil Service) think that she'll be any better at the MoJ)?

12. She ticks all the right right on boxes.

13. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

To be fair, she only got the MOD PUS job because no-one with any sense wanted it. There were very very few serious applicants. Possibly only one, in fact :)

14. Just out of interest and pardon my ignorance, but if there was only one serious applicant why didn't they get it instead of the comedy applicant?

Berlin