Ministers husband found guilty

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Herrumph, Feb 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well what a surprise, Tessa Jowell's husband David Mills has been found guilty of giving false evidence in return for a £400K bribe from one of Tony Blair's old chums. he has been sentenced to 4&1/2 years,

Two issues I have to raise:

How did Jowell not notice £400k appearing in their accounts?

Why are the BBC headlining this story with "UK lawyer guilty in bribery Charge" don't they think the link with a Minister is important?

2. I think she got shot of him

3. Thank you, you have just brightened my afternoon.

4. Well, well, well, there is a God after all. I would have thought that you might know by now - the BBC is the ZANU Liarbour broadcasting arm and shall speak no ill of a minister or her spouse.

5. Estranged allegedly but still amicable and spending time together for sake of children, no plans for divorce flannel flannel flannel.

Bet she is still entitled to two homes etc - wonder which he spends his time when not in an Italian nick of course.

6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

And end to boom and bust, and end to sleaze . . . . . yeah, sure, whatever.

How about stating an end to hangings too . . . . that'd be nice.

7. Thank The lord , There is a bit of justice in the world... :headbang:

8. Let's see Sven and Ashie get out of this one!

9. Don't celebrate too soon.
    He plans to appeal and it is possible that he will escape a prison sentence on technical "time out" grounds.
    Meaning if he can drag the appeal out sufficiently the statue of limitations will apply after Febuary 2010

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article5753034.ece

He is wealthy and his wife has iinfluence, I wouldn't expect justice to be applied all that evenly in the end,

10. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

The "seperation2 was a political one. They still live together in an intimate way - and that is a picture that makes me shudder!
    How did she not notice? well, come on! We have all had the off half a million dropped in our account and neglected to emntion it over breakfast, have we not? Just like St Anthony of Blair and his lovely Cherie. Did she not mention to him 'went to shops today luv' 'Oh, buy anything nice?' 'Two pair of Knickers, a frying pan and two flats in Bristol'.

11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Hi, my name is Svenashie, and I'd like to point out, it wasn't a minister getting banged up, it was her ex-partner/husband who wasn't a politician.

cor, you guys, you ain't very bright are you - you'll note that SHE isn't affected and is still at large.

It is quite reasonable to expect that she was completely unaware that the JOINT mortgage had suddenly been paid off - she was merely his wife after all.

Again, she could not be expected to know that his trips to Italy weren't merely business trips, but that he was actually providing evidence in court to protect the Italian Prime Minister - after all, she is only a UK politician, not Italian, and merely his wife.

End of lefty-bullshittin, thank you.

12. Sad innit!! Har, Har! Maybe a few more closer to Gollum Broone might topple him off his self-appointed pedestal..... Ye Gods and litle fishes...... One down....... how many more!!

Mrs Jowells is going to have an awful lot of travelling to do for her fortnighlty conjugal visits....

Attached Files:

13. The "minister" in question was Silvio Berlusconi, who was the Wop pry minister at the time. In the meantime, Berlusconi has passed legislation making politicians immune from indictment. Like you do.

In turn for helping him out of some very deep shite with regard to corruption charges, your man was handed a substantial bung. Like you do.

Cheek-in-Jowell, it will be noticed, only hastily dropped your man when all this showed up and looked like threatening her career. Like you do.

The whole fückin' shower's corrupt, if you ask me.

MsG

14. I believe that an appeal is automatic for a prison sentence, and a standard feature of the Italian justice system, rather than the resort of an innocent party subject to a miscarriage of justice.

More spin....

15. Oh that's OK then. For a minute I thought the moneygrabbing fecker(s) had been caught and he had been found guilty.

An easy mistake to make .... tchhhhhh :roll: