Ministers float border force plan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Whiskybreath, Jun 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "Plans for a new police border force are to be floated by the government", says the BBC, "It comes just months after the UK Border Agency was launched, comprised of officers from the Border and Immigration Agency, HM Revenue and Customs". Apparently ACPO came up with this one. Do you think they've realised there's a problem?

I bet the new force (strangely not a 'service') is as culturally and ethnically diverse as possible, in order to demonstrate that we're not in the least bit 'xenophobic', oh no. We don't mind the occasional Middle Eastern jihadi at all, so long as they explode in a culturally sensitive way. American cooks and other serious criminals are bad news though.

[​IMG]

2. I would.

3. Christ! 8O

And cake is a lie!

4. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7327724.stm

They really do need to get clear in their own heads, the differentiation between "the UK", and “England & Wales”; and where each ends, and the other begins. Or is that too much to expect of our Government?

5. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7469619.stm

They STILL really do need to get clear in their own heads, the differentiation between "the UK", and “England & Wales”; and where each ends, and the other begins. Three months later, is that STILL can not tell the difference !

6. It's bollox, and it's rebranding.

CCRF anyone?

7. CCRF, what's that?

8. There's little point in this, considering they will employ immigrants to do the job anyway. Going through passport control at Stansted is very similar to Lagos nowadays.

9. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I allways thought thats what the Immigration agency was there for, silly me.

Ahh now I see, as PTP says, it's just rebranding and pretending to actually do something rather than a real change. As usual all spin and no substance.

Graunaid article.

10. And we are surprised? that 'zanu liabour' are spinderreling the problems with border controls... since they have tonked the whole system up.

11. The borders have been disregarded by this government who have allowed every Pasha, Achmed and Soraya from around the world to come to live here and claim benefits.
    So how would a border police benefit us now? It's too late- we're full of foreigners.
    The only reason then that they would have this 'police like' border force would be to control the movements of Britain's indiginous people.