Minister Praises Defence Medical Services

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Auld-Yin, Jun 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

It looks like you are all wrong about DMS being in shite order. The Minister says they are the bees knees 8)

I hope that this cheers you all up.

I leave it to the professionals now :wink:

2. we still have a hospital in the Falklands? and the other 3 are Navy and RAF, therefore not technically military more namby pamby.

3. Hasn't TPMH (Cyprus) gone? I thought secondary care was now contracted out. And what is the name of 'our hospital' in Germany?

4. Wegberg.
    TPMH is still there, theres no way the RAF would give up a sunshine holiday posting.

5. You're going to have to help me here. Does Wegberg accept in-patients? I ask because having spent over four years in Germany recently apart from one out-patient referral every other case I was aware of was sent to a German hospital!

6. youll have to ask Sluice Dweller.

7. Happy to see the Minister announcing increased mental health provision for demobilised reservists and TA personnel.

Quick comment:

We in the various departments of community mental health have heard nothing about this, no briefings, no instructions from the centre, no details of increased funding, no information about enhanced staffing, no instructions about how we should go about this task, no information about how it will be delivered and where...............................unless I'm missing something.

Maybe my colleagues have information that I am not privy to............any comments :?

PS: Wegberg is a mental health inpatient unit. It is closing soon.

8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

All sounds vaguely familiar:

"Well done to those who have done well, the others try harder next time!"

9. IH

So, as predicted, no extra resources then!

Presumably there is a plan somewhere that someone will let somebody know about at some stage.

You should feel your chest swelling as a result of the Ministers ringing endorsement - he loves you!

Well done! :wink: