Minister for the Armed Forces requires assistance with cost of petrol.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by elovabloke, May 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

2. Do they have pies in the Telegraph?

3. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Why, does he want a free one.

4. Fatty Soames would have been round like a shot, greedy twat necked my guard box in Bosnia!

5. So no serviceman takes mt to a remberance parade then?

6. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

You have me there. Who is mt and does he enjoy the day.

7. Are there so few shit n00bs that we need Mods to start numpty threads?

So, despite the fact that it is completely above board, some sad-sacks think this is outrageous? How upset will they be to find out I have claims of over 20,000 miles per year that the taxpayer has paid for, and I wasn't even going to something as important as a remembrance ceremony.

8. With petrol at, say, 1.45 a litre or thereabouts, he'll probably organise a PFI to provide him with a tank full (by 2018) at a bargain price of £7.00 per litre.

9. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Nice to hear from the voice of reason. Do I think it's outrageous, not really but I do find it strange that an MP on over £100,000 a year feels the need to claim a piddling amount to attend a service of remembrance with his own constituents and then make a claim that most probably cost more to process than it is in claims.

10. I doubt it costs seven quid to process, and why shouldn't he claim if entitled?

11. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Our Nick was not there in an official capacity. The salute is taken by the Mayor, he just likes to hang around the side to show he is there and to take tea.

12. If he is entitled then why not? So long as they keep claims legal and within reason I have no problem with it. Personally I claim for everything I can - why shouldn't he.

PS. I used a military vehicle to attend last years Remembrance Service because I didn't want to use my own fuel.

13. They are all scum and I hate them all and piss on them with total impunity. That cnut Andrew Robatham is beneath contempt may the walking abortion rot in hell.

14. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

And I presume you had to be there in an official capacity. He did'nt. What he did was as bad (only in my opinion) as someone in the TA volunteering to go on a rememberance parade and then expecting to get paid for it.

But heho in this do as I say and not as I do society I suppose I should withdraw to my shed.

15. This gentleman should be ashamed of him self this is disgraceful . My little niece the other day gave her £2 pocket money for help for heroes because they had bady legs. So if a little girl understands this , then a minister should know right from wrong