Minimum sleep time for cadets

Hi

Does anyone know which regulation stipulates how many hours sleep a cadet must have when away on exercise? Or possibly, the regulation might refer to how many continuous hours break there must be between one day and the next.

Any ideas gratefully received.

AuPt

AuPt said:
Hi

Does anyone know which regulation stipulates how many hours sleep a cadet must have when away on exercise? Or possibly, the regulation might refer to how many continuous hours break there must be between one day and the next.

Any ideas gratefully received.

AuPt
Same as you get in the Army - so the recruiting Sgt said.

Hours break from one day to the next?

Usually from 2359 to 0001 if you're lucky.

Do you tend to fall asleep on newspapers friend? :D

Well someone's got to give a serious answer, so here goes. No reference, I'm afraid, but our little (full-time paid adults) dears now require 8 hours unbroken head-down time whilst under training, so I can't see why cadets should get any less.

Joe_Private said:
Well someone's got to give a serious answer, so here goes. No reference, I'm afraid, but our little (full-time paid adults) dears now require 8 hours unbroken head-down time whilst under training, so I can't see why cadets should get any less.
Seriously? I hope this applies only when under training? Actually It would be better if it didn't apply at all...

What about when their on ex with a stag roster?

Joe_Private said:
Why??

Driving - yep, understand why
Flying - yep, understand why
Surgery - yep, understand why
Cadet on a mildly aggressive camping holiday - Nope, cant see why there is a mandated sleep requirement. Why bother going if you aint going to get tired?

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Joe_Private said:
Why??

Driving - yep, understand why
Flying - yep, understand why
Surgery - yep, understand why
Cadet on a mildly aggressive camping holiday - Nope, cant see why there is a mandated sleep requirement. Why bother going if you aint going to get tired?
Whats the betting either "health and safety" or "rights" is part of the answer?

Never seen any requirement in any of the H&S bibles they issue. Use your common sense; an older, more mature and enthusiastic group might well be OK with five or six hours; stroppy little shits will need a bit more.

I hope you're going to make them do a proper stag all night as well :D

in as far as I am aware there is no actual rule regarding sleep time, generally on camp the cadet should be in bed for 22:00 and up for 06:00 giving them 8 hours of sleep, in fact it is difficult to get them to sleep on the first night sometimes the second night, due to the excitement of camp, they soon go to sleep quick enough if we train them hard enough :D in the field 2 stars are expected to take on stag rosters and live with reduced sleep.

As for us Adults, we don't all the sleep we should get, we are on duty all the time, we would all be expected to turn out if it kicks, in theory we go to bed for 23:00 or when teh the last cadet is bedded down, we wake up about 05:30 to adminsiter ourselves before Cadets own reveille.

this is specific to my County, I am sure other Counties are similar.

Bollox to this not being in the Naafi.

A new user plus one post whining about lack of sleep equals the total sum of a big girl.

I was a cadet back in the day, and we were up at all hours doing recce/fighting patrols come rain wind or snow. I got wet through on a number of occasions at 3 in the morning, then you had to basha up in the dark. Never did me any harm. I've had harder exercises in the cadets than I have in the Sigs.

Stop being a fucking wimp.

Same as you get in the Army - so the recruiting Sgt said
You didn't believe that old wheeze surely Ms. Snail? :roll: :wink:

semper said:
in fact it is difficult to get them to sleep on the first night sometimes the second night, due to the .................
..AI smothering their cries with a roll-up smelling hand whilst attempting to penetrate their juvenile orifices with his button mushroom nubbin.

Ruckerwocman said:
Same as you get in the Army - so the recruiting Sgt said
You didn't believe that old wheeze surely Ms. Snail? :roll: :wink:
That's Mrs Snail to you.

Did you believe everything the recruiting Sgt told you as well?

(Roll on my resettlement!)