Minimum service...

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Gusburt, Feb 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. what is the period after 28days basic training that you can leave? for an over 18 year old. iv had a look around the site, and even spoke to someone online on the army website chat, who just told me "minimum is 4 years" even though i asked for the period after 28 days training. i know everything else, its just this one little bit of info i need!
  2. 4 years return of service. You can terminate at 3 years, not possible for the early release scheme.
  3. You're not even in yet, and you've got an eye on the exits already?
  4. yes, because i need to know them for my interviews
  5. So you went on the Army website and read the bit that said 4 years but didn't believe it so you spoke to the online recruiting team and they told you 4 years and you didn't believe them so you've come on to an anonymous website where you've been told 4 years, and wouldn't bother with any interviews, if you can't digest information from the official Army website then you're probably not what they're looking for.
  6. i was told at my first interview that its 4 years 3 months, return service, with a years notice. and i was sure he said after the 28 days basic there was a period of a couple of weeks or something that you can leave. or is that just for under 18's? :s he said i WILL have to know this for my future interviews
  7. within of 30 days of basic training you can leave then its 4 years 3 months
  8. It's four years or until you've been caught thieving, taking drugs or red-misted in Afghanistan. Whichever comes first.
  9. after 28 days you can sign a DAOR (discharge as of right) you can sign this upuntil the 3rd month of training
    thats what you mean isnt it?
  10. YES! thank you :)
  11. DAOR is after 28 days up to 3 months if Over 18 or up to 6 months if under 18.

Veng (Short) is a 12 year contract from date of attestation with a 4 year minimum (so can sign off after 3 years) from age of 18. In certain circumstances though dependant on lenght of Trade training you may find that more technical trades (eg Airtech/Avionics) you may have a time bar once completed trade training.

Once offered a place in training this information is all in your 271W (your copy) and the 271A (contact you sign first day of training).