Minimum Service

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by wellyhead, Feb 27, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right I'm not talking to get your bounty, I'm talking before you get yur marching orders, I understand that you pretty much can do what you can do but how far exactly can you push it ?

Whats the worst case of lazyiatus you have seen ?
  2. msr

msr LE

You should receive a letter after three months of non attendance and then again at six months (warning you that you are at risk of discharge), unless you have applied for an 'official' reduced commitment or have an agreement with your OC.

3. Make sure you have a papertrail for any agreement you make. I had a verbal one and it resulted in me getting irritating and unnecessary warning letters. Not everyone talks to everyone else.....
  4. It all depends on the unit and your personal circumstances. A few years ago, I think people could disappear for months at a time, without being followed up, but SPS inspections and a more robust level of interest from those above, seems to have changed that.

Nowadays if you're going to hide for a while, as was said above, you do have to ensure there's a paper trail! Cosy little deals that the PSAO and/or PSI doesn't know about, are rarely good!