Minimum MATT for bounty

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by F_A_B__BABY!, Oct 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a quick one, what MATTS MUST you pass/attempt to be bounty qualified? should've added at level 2 :) cheers.

2. PSI your ask.

( anag. )
    • Like Like x 1
  3. well all of them, just ask your PSI!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Or read Part One Orders wherein such things are given in detail. Usually coma inducing detail, but still...
  5. Why do MATTS when a biff chit excusing phys, and compulsory attendance for AT usually works
  6. Pob02

Pob02 War Hero Book Reviewer

Always wondered how you got yours . . .. . .
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I think this question ranks right up there with the ubiquitous 'What days pay day this month?' question
  8. It varies as to the Opinion of the person in Charge of the Train set - your CO. So for us NBC has been tinned as we don't have the time to find a respirator chamber. Everything else we have to pass - Phis, V&S, Ranges etc or be denied your bounty.
  9. I'm surprised that you FAB types don't know this one.

We operate at level 2 and passes are 1, 3-9, 2 - AFT passed, PFA attempted with best effort (and showing improvement each time completed)
  10. All of them. Unless you hold an instructor qual.
  11. For bounty, this is slightly complicated by TA Fitness Policy.

You can fail your PFT, so long as your pathetic failure of an attempt is a "genuine best effort". You cannot fail AFT.

This does not mean that you are not required to pass PFT as part of your MATTS. But it does mean that you can partially fail your MATTS and still be awarded bounty.

However, if you fail PFT, the procedure for management of PFT failures still applies, which can lead to AGAI67 action and discharge. (Though I suspect it very rarely does).
  12. Ah, good ole creeping excellence...
  13. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Of course, failing your PFA could give your command structure reasonable concern about your ability to attempt the AFT safely. For your own protection ,they might chose not to let you attempt the AFT until you have proven you have a base level of fitness by passing your PFA.

It's 'elf n safety you know - got to make sure the fat phys dodgers don't hurt themselves!
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Indeed, or for that matter undertake any other training until they have. Cf recruits and the risk reduction run.
  15. Thanks for the usual PSI replies, in particular Bravo-Bravo, you always make me smile, you beard :) So, I'm no further on then. Hoohum.