MINIMI GOOD, LSW NOT SO GOOD

It tended to help some what having commonality with ammo and mags with the rest of the section.
Ammunition was compatible but I was not aware that SMLE/No 4 mags were compatible with Bren mags.
There was a time when magazines were compatible with something.....

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
If I recall correctly, and I’m not sure I am, the Bren could take the SLR magazines. I don’t know what the stoppage rate was, but I’m pretty sure they physically fitted.

Lmg mags could be fitted on the SLR. I'm assuming of course that the "LMG" was the 7.62 conversion on the .303 Bren as I knew it.
Be funny if we pulled them out, got to be in stores somewhere.

Lmg mags could be fitted on the SLR. I'm assuming of course that the "LMG" was the 7.62 conversion on the .303 Bren as I knew it.
Be funny if we pulled them out, got to be in stores somewhere.
I was just thinking that the loader would certainly be earning his overtime if he was feeding a Bren using No.4 mags...

I was just thinking that the loader would certainly be earning his overtime if he was feeding a Bren using No.4 mags...
Well, "ten round bursts" can be given as a fire control order....

We regularly fired LMG with SLR mags on the ranges, They worked perfectly no stoppage rate. I remember being told that the reverse would not be true for an LMG mag on an SLR as the mag was designed for gravity assist i.e a relatively weaker spring. However a part load would work but what would be the point.

We regularly fired LMG with SLR mags on the ranges, They worked perfectly no stoppage rate. I remember being told that the reverse would not be true for an LMG mag on an SLR as the mag was designed for gravity assist i.e a relatively weaker spring. However a part load would work but what would be the point.
Everyone knows allyness saves lives.

It did work, however, you didn't fill them to max capacity for the reason you mentioned
Im pretty damn sure Canadian C2 mags fitted the LMG as well - but iirc, they had stronger springs

https://www.canadiansoldiers.com/weapons/lightweapons/lightmachineguns/C2lmg.jpg

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/att...aa6bb9b0074481&attachmentid=4061&d=1269557760

Last edited:
86-88 I was an armourer at DQD. I often used LMG mags with SLR firing blank when playing enemy for training platoons I was supporting. I had no more stoppages than with SLR mags.

86-88 I was an armourer at DQD. I often used LMG mags with SLR firing blank when playing enemy for training platoons I was supporting. I had no more stoppages than with SLR mags.
could that be because the blank round is lighter than ball and hence less lifting effort ?

could that be because the blank round is lighter than ball and hence less lifting effort ?
Possibly, but on the two occasions i remember firing SLR live from LMG mags, they worked fine.

ugly

LE
Possibly, but on the two occasions i remember firing SLR live from LMG mags, they worked fine.
Allegedly loading 28 rounds helped as did stretching the springs! The Aussie and Canadian 30 round mags were designed for vertical upwards feed and didn't jam much in my recollection.

ugly

LE
aussasuo5.jpg

Aussie SASR in VN. Bloke second from left.

ugly

LE