Discussion in 'Seniors' started by LEFT200, Jan 18, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know if I can wear the afghan and telic miniatures on my mess dress even though I havn't been presented the full size ones yet, still waiting on the ridiculous supply system 3 years on.
  2. Yes you can.
  3. AFAIK, Yes if you are on the list your unit produced at the time, and it is simply a question of your awaiting the actual medal.

Similarly, correct to wear the ribbon with full-size medals I believe.

I hope the relevant 'visitors' to this site will note this is becoming a cause of increasing irritation. I just hope they dont use this as an excuse to bin the traditional personal engraving of operational medals: it adds a lot to the value and pleasure of receiving the damn thing.
  4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Get them on!
  5. As Afghanistan and Iraq are Muslim countries, they are therefore non-alcoholic.

You shouldn't be going anywhere near booze, even miniatures.
  6. You can buy alcohol in Iraq off the locals, not done it of course......
  7. you can wear any medals or badges you like on mess dress as it is procurred at private expense and as such is not an official issued uniform.

Not that any sad sack would don inappropriate medals but theres no regs against it
  8. I'm wearing an Telic miniature and the Ribbon on my 2's already. It says on my readout that I have the medal.

I was slightly miffed to see that young lads on Telic 3 have there medals yet mine, which is for being in Op Telic "the kick off" is still absent.

Have a mate, he was with me on Telic, with another mob for Telic 3 and is due on Telic 5 pretty soon. Still no medal though!!!!
  9. Paragorge

If you look at the regs, I think you will find that mess dress IS official uniform; as such there will be a raft of regs as to what you can and cannot wear with it. That's why it's called 'uniform'. And you would be a very silly bunny indeed, if you were to wear gongs to which you were not entitled [VC, DSO, DCM, anyone?].
  10. Chocolate Frog wrote:

Hang on, sounds a bit like:

11. fullwit
    if its an offical uniform why is it not supplied then?
  12. Was at a Hunt Ball and this chap was wearing his miniatures on his DJ,is this correct?
  13. Correct or not - what a t0sser. Often get retired mess members attending functions and wearing minitures with the DJ.

My boy's action man gets mine.
  14. Sorry for intruding , but "yes" as long as the invite specified miniatures.
    A for the mess dress thing, I believe that mess dress is an order of dress and not a uniform - in part because it is not issued. That is one of the reasons why you'll see semi, or totally unofficial insignia sported by some members of certain units or persuasions.
    So, wear what you like - but Gawd help you if its something not earnt, awarded or acknowledged!