Miniature v12 engine

I found this fascinating.

[video=youtube;3YfTtGCsiD8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3YfTtGCsiD8[/video]

One of the most fascinating things I've seen in a long time, the constructor is a genius. It sounds as if the case hardening has worn a bit on one of the tappets though.

Meh, this looks far more fun!

[video=youtube;tPDLX0koXFs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPDLX0koXFs&feature=relmfu[/video]

One of the most fascinating things I've seen in a long time, the constructor is a genius. It sounds as if the case hardening has worn a bit on one of the tappets though.
Yeah. Pushrods looked a bit loose as well but that's just splitting hairs.
I remember we had a cutaway RR K60 engine driven by an electric motor at APC Wing at Bordon. Could have watched it all day.

When I was a kid I took time out from building plastic kits of aircraft and put together a V8 engine from a plastic kit, it was the only model I ever built that I did not end up setting fire to, I can still smell the pong and see those little bits floating around as my models crashed and burned.

I supposed you all noticed it does not actually run but is driven by compressed air ?

Even so a phenomenal bit of engineering .

I supposed you all noticed it does not actually run but is driven by compressed air ?

Even so a phenomenal bit of engineering .
No I didn't notice, I assumed it was a Compression/Ignition (Diesel) engine due to its lack of a HT system so thanks for the heads up.

I have seen fuel driven model V8's and the like on Youtube mind.

No I didn't notice, I assumed it was a Compression/Ignition (Diesel) engine due to its lack of a HT system so thanks for the heads up.

I have seen fuel driven model V8's and the like on Youtube mind.
No smoke was the first thing that got me wondering .

I recall seeing a scaled down Merlin at The Model Engineer Exhibition back in the 80s, I wonder if it was the same one? I recall it had been test run, and wondering where he'd sourced spark plugs for it, unless he built those too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Seniors 25
PartTimePongo The NAAFI Bar 3
Soldier_Why Classified Ads 0