• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Miniature medals - Coronation and Jubilee's

Just asking for those that are in the medals game.
I do like to collect medals in the Coronation and Jubilee sections, however, there is one thing I don't seem to have seen over the last couple of years of doing this.
I know that all of the English Coronation and Jubilee medals, along side the Dehli Durbar medal are in full size and miniature. However, despite some long looking, I can't seem to spot any of the "Visit" medals in miniature. Mainly, Ireland 1900 & 1902 and the Visit to Scotland 1903, plus the 1911 Ireland Coronation medal (Green with red stripes).

Do these medals come in miniature at all? I have seen Jewellers copies of the Ireland medals for 1900 & 1902 in miniature, but that's it.

Any one know the answer?

Just asking for those that are in the medals game.
I do like to collect medals in the Coronation and Jubilee sections, however, there is one thing I don't seem to have seen over the last couple of years of doing this.
I know that all of the English Coronation and Jubilee medals, along side the Dehli Durbar medal are in full size and miniature. However, despite some long looking, I can't seem to spot any of the "Visit" medals in miniature. Mainly, Ireland 1900 & 1902 and the Visit to Scotland 1903, plus the 1911 Ireland Coronation medal (Green with red stripes).

Do these medals come in miniature at all? I have seen Jewellers copies of the Ireland medals for 1900 & 1902 in miniature, but that's it.

Any one know the answer?
I have a 1911 Coronation Medal miniature (blue with red stripes) in my collection. I understand that miniatures at that time were mostly made be jewellers/silversmiths rather than mass produced by medal companies. I would suggest that if they are out there they will incorporated in medal groups, rather than be singles...

I have a 1911 Coronation Medal miniature (blue with red stripes) in my collection. I understand that miniatures at that time were mostly made be jewellers/silversmiths rather than mass produced by medal companies. I would suggest that if they are out there they will incorporated in medal groups, rather than be singles...
Sounds like you have the Military / civilian one! I have that in miniature and the Met Pol one in full size for 1911!

Latest Threads