Mini on Otterburn training area

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by PapaGolf, Sep 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I recently had the 'pleasure' of a 2 week 'holiday' on Otterburn, and i stumbled upon the rotting corpse of a mini car right in the middle of the training area on top of a hill and miles from anything resembling a road. How the feck did that get there? Any idea's? Dull as feck i know but i'm curious
  2. Aliens.....that's what I heard
  3. THATS where i left it then! Thanks Mate!
  4. Four ATC Cadets carried it up there.
  5. No Mini - you were hallucinating - most of us did on the Otterburn ranges (what a god-forsaken place - no wonder the Border Reivers got so uptight with one another). Miles from civilisition and pubs - even the Romans would not stop there without building a massive defensive area.
    But the (illegal) fishing was good on the Coquet River!
  6. Apparently a witches coven use it for secretive ritual sacrifices. You were really lucky not to have been hollowed out, made into an effigy and used to lay a thousand year curse on a local corrupt landowner. Oh, it's haunted as well and many local Army units will not let soldiers carry out sentry duty near it on their own.

Actually I have no idea why it's there.
  7. The Reivers have become a little more laid back and friendly in recent years .

I still regularly hillwalk in the Cheviots including that part of the OTA which was/is(?) identified as the Dry Training Area …. a contradiction in terms if ever there was one .

I doubt if Roman Soldiers would have classed Chew Green as a cushy posting .
  8. But have you taken any trout (legal or illegal) from the river? I have - but I can't say whether it was legal!
  9. No .... you have that honour over me .... I have taken them legally from another river further north .

I did however find a very strange thing on the Pennine Way , which skirts the Dry Training area , last year .... one boot . Often wonder how the owner came on ... perhaps he is still there looking for it .
  10. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

We once got 14 of us in a Landrover to go to the Percy for a pint