Mini fridge

Have tried looking,and not sure if this is the best place,however looking to buy a mini fridge for use at uni so needs to be quiet running.
Global warming seem to have put an end to using the boot or window sill, so what have you got in the man cave,office,shed or that sound proofed room in the cellar

They're all noisy, don't bother. Just share the fridge in the kitchen. If anyone touches your food, be man enough to confront them.

On the plus side, you're already in the habit of blaming completely unseen global warming for everything, so you'll fit right in with the bunch of left wing hypercunts that are students today.

*EDIT* I hope your course does not include grammar or proper use of commas or you're fucked.

If someone starts pinching your milk from the communal fridge and you know who it is, start adding a little 'hand generated contribution' but tell the innocent ones you've done it and subtly mark the 'tainted' container. After two months, confront the thief and tell her (for it was a her) she's been guzzling your spuzz for the last 8 weeks.

Vomit may (did) follow, but your milk is safe...

If someone starts pinching your milk from the communal fridge and you know who it is, start adding a little 'hand generated contribution' but tell the innocent ones you've done it and subtly mark the 'tainted' container. After two months, confront the thief and tell her (for it was a her) she's been guzzling your spuzz for the last 8 weeks.

Vomit may (did) follow, but your milk is safe...
Real men would just spunk directly into their brew. Whilst they were holding it.

Have the moral courage to do it to their face.

They're all noisy, don't bother. Just share the fridge in the kitchen. If anyone touches your food, be man enough to confront them.

On the plus side, you're already in the habit of blaming completely unseen global warming for everything, so you'll fit right in with the bunch of left wing hypercunts that are students today.

*EDIT* I hope your course does not include grammar or proper use of commas or you're fucked.
not for me tbh, i'm a KOS ex crab with word blindness doing a job that does not tax the brain, quite where the offspring get the brains from i've no idea

Last edited:
What you need is a solid state "Peltier" cooler. No noisy compressor, just a gentle whirr from the fan. Usually 12/240v so you can run it both in the car and the house.

Try Dometic, they make a range of coolers, some are based on the Peltier principle, and some work on both 12/24V or 240Volt, they can be noisy though. They can be found considerably cheaper through Halfords....

I have 2 fridges I use for camping and long car trips, 1 is a 240V/12V 25 litre unit for camping which is very good, the other is a 15litre unit 12V DC only. It keeps water and sandwiches cool, and is small enough to sit on the back seat of the car.

Check the rules of the university re using one of these in the accommodation, I work for a College in Cambridge and items such as this are definitely not allowed in Student rooms. We don't allow kettles, fridges, irons, rice cookers/multi cookers, grills, fryers etc. Not only for the aspect of fire safety but in old buildings we cannot provide the amount of power required if every student started cooking up in their room in the evening.

www.dometic.com

What you need is a solid state "Peltier" cooler. No noisy compressor, just a gentle whirr from the fan. Usually 12/240v so you can run it both in the car and the house.
What he needs is an 'absorption' fridge as fitted in hotel rooms, caravans and boats etc. They are so quiet you can (almost) hear the crystals forming in the ice cube tray. No fan, no compressor. The only working part is the door.

If you think hotel mini bar you'd be thinking along the right lines. Some are lockable too. Google small or mini Absorption fridge.

If they go in halls, then one should be provided and if they go into rented accommodation then ditto.

One thing to also consider, is that unless there is a medical reason, they might not be allowed a fridge in their halls room and if they get caught they could end up with a fine.

Make sure you check the small print of their halls contract. And if it’s the case, it only takes one of the halls wardens to spot it when walking past (which is very likely), for your kid to get in trouble and have to go through the hassle of a disciplinary hearing etc etc.

Edit: just see another poster has said the same - although you were probably unaware it would be serious enough to warrant a fine.

Last edited:

ThunderBox

On ROPS
On ROPs
Try Dometic, they make a range of coolers, some are based on the Peltier principle, and some work on both 12/24V or 240Volt, they can be noisy though. They can be found considerably cheaper through Halfords....

I have 2 fridges I use for camping and long car trips, 1 is a 240V/12V 25 litre unit for camping which is very good, the other is a 15litre unit 12V DC only. It keeps water and sandwiches cool, and is small enough to sit on the back seat of the car.

Check the rules of the university re using one of these in the accommodation, I work for a College in Cambridge and items such as this are definitely not allowed in Student rooms. We don't allow kettles, fridges, irons, rice cookers/multi cookers, grills, fryers etc. Not only for the aspect of fire safety but in old buildings we cannot provide the amount of power required if every student started cooking up in their room in the evening.

www.dometic.com
Why do I imagine Asian students caused these rules.

RigPig

War Hero
Second on Dometic. I use a three way fridge when camping and it is silent. Mine is the Dometic Combicool ACX. Look on the website, there are plenty of options.

RP.

Many thanks for the replies as some one has pointed out, its a no no due to rules on cooking, all praise be to the power of arrse we did not buy one before posting

not for me tbh, i'm a KOS ex crab with word blindness doing a job that does not tax the brain, quite where the offspring get the brains from i've no idea
Postman?

Probably their dad, do you know him?

Latest Threads