Mini ARRSE, Web People Help

Discussion in 'ACF' started by Lepus, Apr 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys, im setting up a website for my detachment, sort of a mini cross between armycadetforce.com and arrse. I've linked the medal blocks (because they're mint) but I really want to have a photo album. Unfortunately, Im about as computer literate as a Mlarr in a paddling pool of ice cream.

I can do Word, Powerpoint, etc etc etc, but when it comes to Code and Programming im all at sea. I can work the phpBB admin panel, but thats as far as it goes.

Can anyone tell me how I can install a photo album into my website?

Cheers,

Rab

2. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Why not use a proper CMS, the one we use is DragonflyCMS. It contains phpBB functionality (as demonstrated here), comes with a photo gallery built in and is readily expandable through easy to install modules. We changed over about 2 years ago and its the best move we ever made. Installation is relatively straight forward and the community support is great. There are also a number of people on there who offer very competitive Dragonflycms web hosting too. This will be great for someone, like you, with very little experience of such things.

As an aside if you're linking to our medal blocks then you're:

a. Stealing our intellectual copyright.
    b. Stealing our band width.

Under such circumstances it would have been nice for you to ask if that was ok!

3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Can't make out if this is a bollocking or a pat on the back 8)

4. [/quote]

Didnt know about the bandwidth guys, like I said, computer illiterate beyond office.

Ill remove it!