"Mini ARRSE" iGoogle Gadget.

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by PTS265, Nov 17, 2007.

?
  1. Looks good, I'll try it.

51.4%
  2. Looks good, but not for me, thanks.

16.2%
  3. It's ok, could be a lot better.

5.4%
  4. Pile of steaming shyte.

27.0%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Greetings ARRSE,

For those of you that use the "iGoogle" Personalised homepage,
    I have created a "Gadget" for it, called Mini ARRSE.
    It displays the latest topics, and allows you to read them, and even reply, all from the comfort of your own homepage.

This is the development version of this gadget. It is coded VERY simply, and may have a few bugs, but, it does its job.

See Screenshot:

[​IMG]

If you are not sure what iGoogle is..

See here:

iGoogle

iGoogle Wikipedia

To add the gadget, click here:

Add "Mini ARRSE" Gadget

All feedback and comments graciously received.

PTS

2. Nice one! :D Shall give it a shot over the next few days and see how it goes!

3. That is pretty cool, have added it, don't suppose you could do the same for Rumration? (please!)

4. chieftiff,

I will see what I can do, Watch this space.

PTS

5. Thanks mate, will check back in ten minutes you should have it sorted by then :p

Seriously, it would be very handy if you can, thanks.

6. FAO: People that voted shyte

Fair one, however, I'd appreciate if you could say why?

Then I know what needs to improve, etc etc etc....

PTS

7. It's just that theyre luddites, PTS..

It's a pity you had to use the PDA version to get it to run in the widget, as you lose a bit of functionality, but as an alternative for the RSS feed, it's great

8. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

I didn't vote shyte mate but BFG's toolbar really does everything that your app does already. By this I mean that whatever other site I'm on I can still see the last 50 posts or check my PMs and so on.

9. Yeah, I like BFG's toolbar, but a lot of people don't like having extra toolbars cluttering up their browser, so IMO is still worth developing, especially for those people that work on computers that they cant particularly install just anything on, as iGoogle is install free.

PTS

10. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I used igoogle for a while then binned it as it took a nanosecond longer to boot up. I actually tried to use the RSS feed to get arrse on my homepage, but with this gadget I will probably use the facility and go back to igoogle. Good skills...

11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

It's a bit small - is there any way it can be made bigger in iGoogle?

12. Unfortunatley not. That's a google limit astowards how big a gadget can be, It's at its maximum dimentions.

13. The Gadget is now back up, with some very minor tweaks. Unfortunatley, you will need to add it to your iGoogle page again due to a change of hosting location.

Coming soon: ARRSE RSS Gadget.

PTS

14. Works for me, good effort much appreciated

15. how do you add it to igoogle.co.uk ?