Minefield Extraction Kit

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by geordieirish, Aug 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. does any one have any info on the new Personal Minefield Extraction Kit (P-MEK)i have only just heard about it but it has to be a step up from useing cleaning rods
  2. Sure; you'll get full details here. Its not as if the Talib can possibly read t'internet and find out its strengths and weaknesses from bone posts like this.

If you need it, you'll find out.
  3. no doubt it'll be announced as part of an official release to show how much we are being looked after, however I've found a photo of one of the prototypes.

4. ES

thats told me..
  5. Last months 'soldier' had a small article...
  6. make your own from non metallic material
  7. Call a Chinook :D
  8. :)
  9. The old pouch that attached to the Osprey (meaning it was always to hand when needed) was much better than the new version which doesn't have that option. And the new one is HUGE to boot.
  10. Huge boots are the LAST thing you need in a minefield!!!!
  11. Here is one that was prepared earlier

Attached Files:

12. Minefield clearing kit did you say?

13. Perfectly clean-shaven, upright young men. You're just jealous of their youthful verve, you are :wink:
  14. Markers, cylumes and prodders.....am i missing something or is this a huge waste of money.

What happened to some red mine tape and cleaning rods......god bless mine extraction