Minecraft - anyone still playing?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by PrinceAlbert, Jun 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been intersted in Minecraft for a while, but never got round to playing it.

Until yesterday. I found a way to play for free, so gave it a go.

Then promptly lost 5 hours of my life.

The game is simple(ish) to play, and strangely very addictive.

2. My 8 yr old daughter and 9 yr old son play it.

Are they too young or are you too . . well you know? :wink:

3. Well, it's not the most difficult game to get your head around. But that's one of the things that makes it so appealing.

4. Took the words out of my mouth, the boy is always on YouTube too getting advice on how to make things. Sadly can't comment on the game cos the boy and his sister monopolise the computers. He even wants it on Xbox apparently, fcuk that.

5. Its fecking addictive. Apparently.

6. **** yes, this stupid game has consumed many an hour of my life. Word of advice, if you think single player is addictive, don't even contemplate multiplayer.

7. I tried to avoid it but recently got it on the Xbox, I cant stop digging! Got to find those diamonds.

8. My eldest wanted the subscription. IIRC it was about £17 a year for full access, but when I went online to pay for it, the payment page was on an unsecured url, so I thought '**** giving my bank details to some nerdy (Scandinavian) site without some security'

9. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Might I suggest you refer your children to my favorite game? It has floating pink pigs and cakes and storks and it is lovely. And free.

Orisinal.com - These Little Pigs

10. Just read this month's WIRED mag, and apparently the Minecraft subscriptions are up this year, on last year's. There are more and more people getting into it. And the geek who made it has already earnt £45 million from it! Fecking barsteward.

11. You can play it for free. It's easy. Look for info on youtube.

12. They do already, the subscription thing allows more. . .stuff, like digging and err. other stuff??

13. At risk of sounding like an übergeek, I've played it online and it is indeed very addictive. I don't think you subscribe, just pay one off fee for a username. It's all above board, like, have done it myself. There is a good server that I play on if anyone really wanted to geek it up!