Mine Dump

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Joker, Jun 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Chaps and Chapesses of the fine Royal Engineers. Being a poor and deluded infantry officer I am somewhat confused by this. I have been asked
    what is the symbol for a mine dump?

As you chaps do, I would appreciate some help!
  2. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Can't say I have ever heard of one or used one.
  3. Mines Dump chimera is a self contained, guarded area used to store all the mines , stores and equipment for the laying of a minefield, I however have never seen a NATO symbol for one but believe the Ammo dump symbol can be used as alternative. Dont quote me on that though
  4. i'm onto this as we speak........wait..out 8)
  5. ok...phew...i like a challenge... :wink: go to here http://images.military.com/ResourcesSubmittedFiles/Military_Symbols_Guide.pdf and scroll to page 106(on adobe). That is one symbol. Then you might want to look at page 51(on adobe) which comes under "composite logistic installation role indicators" (ruddy big gobful like) :? Which is used for mines and explosive...but more from a loggy point of view? The first example is probably the more accurate...anyone got a STANAG 2036 handy? :drool:
  6. You still love it 105!!! Hows it going? :D
  7. 105avre
    Check your pm old chap for linky to STANAG

8. PM inbound :boogie:
  9. Bottom of page 52 on the document listed above.
  10. Thank you all, very much appreciated. Always count on an engineer!
  11. fecking mines dump that cost me my two front teeth as a young sprong during concentration ex on soltau in 88.

left stick left stick..........crunch guided into a feck off tree. head onto cupola & two teeth less. result.

lucky it never affected my good looks :roll: :wink: :roll: :wink: