Mine Commissioning Superintendent + Engineer (2 roles)

Discussion in 'Jobs Offered' started by XRE_987, May 13, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Forgive the cut 'n' paste - it's a detailed job description and I'm not typing it out!!

There are two roles here: Superintendent Mine Commissioning and Engineer Mine Commissioning. The roles will compliment each other, i.e. one will be electrical and one mechanical.

Position is based in Saudi Arabia. Details of package, rotation, etc., to be confirmed.

Please contact me by PM for email address to submit CVs.

[TABLE="width: 648, align: center"]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 2"][h=3]1. JOB DETAILS:[/h][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][h=3]Position Title & Grade:[/h][/TD]
    [TD][h=3]Superintendent Mine Commissioning [/h][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][h=3]Reports to:[/h][/TD]
    [TD][h=3]Mine and Refinery Commissioning Manager[/h][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][h=3]Department & Function:[/h][/TD]
    [TD][h=3]Commissioning and Start Up[/h][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TABLE="width: 647, align: center"]
    [TR]
    [TD][h=3]2. OVERALL JOB PURPOSE:[/h][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]To lead and manage the commissioning of all fixed plant, mobile fleet and infrastructure at the Al Baitha mine site to ensure achievement of the start up plan and Cost targets, with a rigorous Safety focused approach, and in full compliance with environmental requirements.
    To ensure the smooth and efficient hand over of all systems to the operations team in an efficient manner, free of defects and ready for ramp up.
    To coordinate the interface between the key contractors to deliver the facility in the most cost effective manner to achieve or exceed the project milestone dates
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[TABLE="align: center"]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 3"][h=3]3. JOB DIMENSIONS:[/h][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Key Dimensions:
    [/TD]
    [TD]Direct/Total
    [/TD]
    [TD]1 Direct / 60 total
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Budget:
    [/TD]
    [TD]M$3.5
    Operating Assets: Approx. M$300.
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[TABLE="width: 646, align: center"]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 2"][h=3]4. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:[/h][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Description
    [/TD]
    [TD]Performance Indicators
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Safety

• Rigorously enforce and reinforce a safety attitude and focus amongst all the operations centre personnel, by development of Safety Program improvements particular to Area, and by constant demonstration of the required values by words and actions.
    • Resolution of all Safety Hazard log items.
    • Responsible for ensuring safety program reporting elements in his area and in dealing with safety issues which are escalated to him.
    • Responsible for initiation, and investigation reporting of significant incidents, including near-misses.
    • Implementation of controls and improvements to procedures to improve safety when deficiencies are apparent.
    [/TD]
    [TD]
    • Safety performance Injury Performance and Program statistics.
    • Adherence to mandated Safety Program requirements.
    • Development of Program initiatives that focus on particular area problems.
    • Resolution of Area Hazard log items with effective controls implemented, short and long-term.
    • Maintenance of integrity of area procedures, by reviewing and updating.
    • Design changes are followed through the approved Change Management procedure.
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[TABLE="width: 646, align: center"]
    [TR]
    [TD] Mine Commissioning

• Manages and determines the Operating Centre’s co-ordinated strategy and approach to achievement of commissioning targets,
    • Manages and determines the strategic approach to ensure availability and reliability of the equipment is maintained and enhanced.
    • Is held responsible for the consequences of his decisions and the performance of his direct reports, within the limits of his authority to affect these events/personnel.
    • Manages the interface between contractors to maintain the commissioning budget.

[/TD]
    [TD]

• Compliance to commissioning schedule

• Commissioning problems are highlighted and resolved, or escalated in a timely fashion.

• Honeywell budget for the mine is maintained.
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Plant Operational Performance

• Ensure the areas Commissioning procedures are validated and quality is accurate.
    • Ensure commissioning, operating and maintenance teams comply with commissioning documents and SOPs and support high performance and efficiencies from area equipment
    • Continually determine the planning /co-ordinations of contractor, Operations and Maintenance activities in the Area fully support overall objectives.
    • Employ visual daily management to coordinate activities and highlight areas of concern
    [/TD]
    [TD]

• Achieving commissioning and quality performances to support mine ramp up.
    • Target of Zero lost Production Causes, in the Operating Area.
    • Maintenance of all assets to achieve design performance.
    • Recorded improvements in Operating efficiencies, and unit costs.
    • MBS principals are employed and the workforce and contractors are engaged
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Organisation & Training

• Ensure strategic Organisation reviews are routinely executed and necessary changes are justified where necessary, to support the objectives of the Operating Centre.
    • Track competencies of subordinates and provide leadership and development as required to achieve the objectives.
    • Ensure coaching and development of resources to meet business’s objectives, by ensuring subordinates continually review performance and development for their reports.
    • Providing training and staff development opportunities as required for succession planning and skills refinement.
    [/TD]
    [TD]

• Strategies in place to Achieve target skill complements in Commissioning, Operating and Maintenance teams.
    • Achieving Area training targets for personnel development.
    • Succession planning fully developed and implemented.
    • Acts as mentor to staff on career development.
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Leadership

• Lead and develop staff within the established frame work of the company’s policies and procedures to maintain an efficient and effective technical management of the area.

• Direct control and motivate the reporting area Superintendents to achieve high skills and development of the systems that support and enhance the area objectives.
    • Manage staff within the established frame work of the company’s policies and procedures to maintain an effective technical monitoring of the production process, and employee performance.

[/TD]
    [TD]

• Department operates efficiently and fully implements all business plans.
    • Systems are refined and enhanced to improves Commissioning and start up Performance

Activities are:

• Planned and executed
    • Operations conducted safely
    • Commissioning issues are resolved or escalated rapidly
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[TABLE="width: 649, align: center"]
    [TR]
    [TD]5. COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]
    • Reports directly to the Commissioning Manager, Refinery and Mine.
    • Liaises closely with the other Area Commissioning Managers, Mine Operations Manager, Maintenance & Engineering Manager, EHS Manager, Contractors and project staff in planning inter-related commissioning activities and obtaining support for mine requirements.
    • Liaises less frequently with the General Manager Operations, Business Systems Manager and Mine Operations manager.
    • Works with counterparts in Dragados Leighton, Honeywell and Cat to ensure efficient output.

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[TR]
    [TD]6. Job relevant information (BOUNDARIES & DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY):
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]

• The Mine Commissioning Superintendent is responsible for acting independently to manage those areas of his responsibility, within the Mine operating guidelines, but is subject to the instruction and management of the Commissioning Manager. The Mine Commissioning Superintendent is held responsible for upholding the company values and Commissioning objectives, and exercises the authority to co-ordinate activities across his areas of responsibility.

• Highest level of accountability for the safe and efficient commissioning of the mine facilities and heavy equipment. As such defines the strategy and the rate at which the strategy is implemented. Defines priorities and focus areas across the mine.
    • Resolves and approves all personnel matters within the department in accordance with the company HR Policies. Can only recommend dismissal for immediate reports.

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[TR]
    [TD]7. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]
    Engineering Degree (preferably mechanical) from a recognised university. Masters level studies in Engineering, Business Management or related field would be an added advantage.

• A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in a mining or heavy equipment environment, including at least 5 years in a similar role. Materials handling experience is essential
    • Demonstrated ability to handle multiple complex assignments, simultaneously, with high and long term impact.
    • Demonstrated ability to analyse the Mine business and set the appropriate objectives.
    • Demonstrated ability to lead, build teamwork, resolve conflicts, and achieve results through the team.
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[TR]
    [TD]8. High performance behaviours:
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Role behavioural competencies required:

• Leadership
    • Highly organised and methodical