Mine Awareness Training

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by VerminWA, Oct 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been let down and urgently require some mine awareness training literature, specifically photographs of different types of mines and their characteristics. Can any one out there help me? If you can PM me and I will give you my DII email to send it to.

Thanks in advance.

Edited for mong spelling.

2. Mate, I have thousands of images in different training packages but if you want to get some quick images and info look at Ordata:

http://maic.jmu.edu/ordata/Mission.asp

3. k13eod, how do you use the link? Do you have to join? I don´t seem to be able to get past the 3rd page without an error coming up.

Vermin, You could also try getting the unit to buy some Mine and EOD identitification playing cards. :D

catchyerselfon has found the things I was hunting for!

4. You have to download the patch on the first page and then reboot.

5. Might have monged it earlier its MITC you need!

http://www2.army.mod.uk/royalengineers/org/mitc/index.htm

PM me for info on getting hands on some prac types too.
    You cannot carry out Mine Training unless mine trained tho'! TTPs are changing all the time and the Wedges are the Subject Matter Experts on this.
    But an insight never hurts anyone.

6. Speaking of MITC, can anyone pm the mil phone number for MITC - course bookings or something similar. Ta!

7. BTW. If any unit deploying on ops would like a small (can be 20-60mins) presentation on the role of civilian mine action actors I am more than willing to provide whilst I am idling at home semi unemployed! You will find that you will be working in TAOR's that include NGO's and commercials and maybe an insight might give a little understanding. No cost apart from travel and a spot of scran :D