Mind the gaappppppppppppp!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by datumhead, Mar 28, 2007.

?
  1. Stupid boy!!!

13.3%
  2. Top bloke!!!

86.7%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://uk.news.yahoo.com/28032007/397/tube-bosses-slam-escalator-ski-stunt-0.html

Tube bosses have condemned a man who filmed himself skiing down the longest escalator of the London underground network.

The man posted on YouTube a 60-second video of himself zooming down the 200ft (60m) escalator at Angel station with a camera strapped to his head.

He can be seen climbing the escalator, putting the skis on and beginning his high-speed descent of the north London station.

But Tube bosses were unimpressed, saying: "This is a dangerous, stupid and irresponsible act that could have resulted in serious injury or death to not only the individual concerned but also other passengers.

"London Underground will press for the police to take the strongest possible action against anyone attempting a similar act on the tube network."

OK, own up, who was it? :wink:

2. I bet a squaddy would do with more humour factor, lets say do it on a tea tray for example, two up and backwards, sober or not is only a question of the time of day

3. That's brilliant!

4. He's definitely been on the piste.

5. Oh I'll bet the Health and Safety nannies are soaking their panties with the sort of sexual excitement usually reserved for Maiden Aunts when they meet The Cad.

6. The tube has really gone downhill lately.

7. Now if he had hit any one while doing this, would it be so funny.

8. This is no laufing matter

9. Depends who he hit, Red Ken Sometime uses the tube, oppertunity missed.

At the least safety wise he should have had an oppo keeping people from stepping on at the bottom

10. I heard he's a Norwegian.

A race who think nothing of doing an olympic ski-jump on their way to infant school.

Or of drinking a bottle of (duty-free) scotch in a one-er, at a cocktail party (the Mayor of Voss, 1991, IIRC)

Fine people - all of them mental.

11. I thought that it was as funny as f*ck. Listening the band wagon of wet blankets on TV last night expressing thier disgust just annoyed the sh*te out me.

Hats off to him. Good lad.

12. Some people have no sense of humour.

He should come over to DC and try out the longest escalator in the world. (Which, from the footage of Angel Station, isn't that much longer). Then again, DC Metro probably has even less of a sense of humour.. and guns.

I wonder what it did to the bottoms of those skis?

NTM

13. I wonder what grade of wax he applied. :biggrin:

14. .
    Like the Scots Biker who posted the 170mph vid of his ride in East Lothian, & has just been nabbed by PC McPlod.

YouTube must be a geat souce of incriminating info - imagine being paid to watch all those hilarious Vids, spotting summat suspicious, then logging "a crime" plus "a clear-up". Wow, that does wonders for the statistics!