Mincing Uniforms...

I was enjoying a coffee this afternoon when an officer walked past. Quite a small chap with a definate mince in his step. He was a Navy officer decked out in white from shoes, socks to hat, just white. He looked more like an Ice Cream man than a military (?) colleague.

Having enjoyed the search for an Ally type thread I wondered what is the minciest military uniform.

I start with the Navy summer white shoes rig - not an act of war!

Attachments

one-flew-over said:
I was enjoying a coffee this afternoon when an officer walked past. Quite a small chap with a definate mince in his step. He was a Navy officer decked out in white from shoes, socks to hat, just white. He looked more like an Ice Cream man than a military (?) colleague.

Having enjoyed the search for an Ally type thread I wondered what is the minciest military uniform.

It's not just our lot. It seems to be a Navy thing worldwide:

Commanding Officers and Interpreters from most foreign navy ships anchored in Marmaris Bay visit the Commanding Officer, Richard Menhinick in his cabin on HMAS ANZAC. Pictured (L-R) 2nd left is the Italian Commanding Officer of ITS SCIROCCO, Commanding Officer of HMAS ANZAC, the Staff Officer of the Black Sea Fleet, Russian Commanding Officer of RNS PYTLIVY, Commanding Officer of USS CARNEY, Greek Commanding Officer of HS SALAMIS, Turkish Commanding Officer of TCG MUAVENET, Spanish Commanding Officer of SPS REINA SOFIA and the German Commanding Officer of Submarine FGS U17. The Commanding Officer of HMS CHATHAM was not in attendance due to it leaving early that morning.

Proximo, I thought the Swiss Guards' were mercenary's and not soldiers?

Now these two will swear that they should be in the Ally thread but.............

Attachments

one-flew-over said:

I think Junior ranks wear shorts, which is a wee bit more mincy!

DozyBint said:
one-flew-over said:

Sorry, Dozy, my brother-in-law is a Matelot Officer & wears shorts & white knee socks as part of rig with pride. Pity about the knees knobblier than a knobbly thing!

EX_STAB said:
western said:
Now these two will swear that they should be in the Ally thread but...........
Christ, they ought to have pink pistols! (Or join the Pink Pistols :p )
Tell me this is some sort of ironic comedy shot

If not they need to stiffen up those wrists and start looking a bit more businesslike

CaptainPlume said:
DozyBint said:
Sorry, Dozy, my brother-in-law is a Matelot Officer & wears shorts & white knee socks as part of rig with pride. Pity about the knees knobblier than a knobbly thing!
Ah, apologies - the Junior ranks thing was a mate's excuse for a photo of him in shexshee white shorts! :roll: :D

EX_STAB said:
Theirs always the Thai-Dye brigade:

Well, if they were supporting me, then i would definitely not want them behind me....

I think the idea is to make the enemy keal over laughing at the sight of them.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
This is quite cute.

Attachments