Mince Pies????

* You Merrycans should look for / try Scottish tablet..... you can hear your teeth rot as you eat it!
Tablet is excellent but I'm pretty sure it could be made easily at home.

1. Put block of butter in saucepan and melt
2. Tip bag of sugar into melted butter and mix well
3. Leave to cool

3. Leave to cool
You've forgotten the condensed milk and whisky, you nut.

*Nuts are optional.

The following provides the gold standard for shop bought mince pies.

It's the annual Good Housekeeping list and it's taken very seriously by the retailers.

Top of the list this year is some self-bake offering of which I've never heard and they're those titchy bite-size things. Runner up is something available at Costa Coffee for £2.10...... each.

Morrison's 'The Best' range would seem to be the most realistic offering this year.

In order to learn more about you folks, I did order some of these for my Brit Christmas craving package. Now I did notice they are mince pies, minus any sort of meat....and quite a few brands seemed to be "vegetarian". When did this happen and why are they still considered mincemeat when they are really just fruit pies?? Somebody help a confused Murican out here. I do look forward to trying them when they are dispatched next month some time. PS do you eat these suckers cold or heated?
Fcuk we have not even had Firework Night & you ask about the December festive period.
I realise in the US of A every day is xmas with the Donald in charge, bet he is really santa, says so in his book..

The think that annoys me is people are kind & friendly for perhaps the 25th & 26th only?
Why not the rest of the year, too much hate in the world, ok that's is my bit said

Fcuk we have not even had Firework Night & you ask about the December festive period.
I realise in the US of A every day is xmas with the Donald in charge, bet he is really santa, says so in his book..

The think that annoys me is people are kind & friendly for perhaps the 25th & 26th only?
Why not the rest of the year, too much hate in the world, ok that's is my bit said
I am kind, considerate, and friendly every day of the year, except maybe for a couple of days in early October, another one in September, and perhaps the last 10 days of the year you crusty, rusty, spunk trumpet.

I am kind, considerate, and friendly every day of the year, except maybe for a couple of days in early October, another one in September, and perhaps the last 10 days of the year you crusty, rusty, spunk trumpet.
To much hatred and oh you just showed it, but typical from a country that thinks they run the world.
Have a leader who is a child and gobs off what he likes, impeachment would be good for him.
Bent and anything he can do to up his business is good for him, yup the US is fcuked with Donald.

D

Deleted 24582

3. Leave to cool
Jesus, sugar and butter... Yet we are the lard arses...

D

Deleted 24582

Logistics and planning son. One has to do that out in BFE. We don’t have the convenience of a British shop in town.

D

Deleted 24582

To much hatred and oh you just showed it, but typical from a country that thinks they run the world.
Have a leader who is a child and gobs off what he likes, impeachment would be good for him.
Bent and anything he can do to up his business is good for him, yup the US is fcuked with Donald.
I say dear sir, did you start your day out with a few red beers and switch to cider? This is a thread about mince pies, not global domination. Your ability to find outrage over Christmas pies is commendable but deeply misplaced. Take those internet punchy feelings and just rub one out.

Tyk

LE
I'll say up front I'm lousy at making pastry, but even I can make vastly better mince pies than Mr Kipling. @LJONESY buy in a few jars of decent quality mincemeat and make your own, your tastebuds and your wallet will appreciate the small amount of effort required.

D

Deleted 24582

I'll say up front I'm lousy at making pastry, but even I can make vastly better mince pies than Mr Kipling. @LJONESY buy in a few jars of decent quality mincemeat and make your own, your tastebuds and your wallet will appreciate the small amount of effort required.
I have no doubt you would be correct, but I can't make pastry to save my life or yours. If they come out of a package or tube and I can just throw them in the oven and bake them, we are golden. But not to worried about the money part. If I did not buy these goods, I would have just bought bullets or whisky.

I have no doubt you would be correct, but I can't make pastry to save my life or yours. If they come out of a package or tube and I can just throw them in the oven and bake them, we are golden. But not to worried about the money part. If I did not buy these goods, I would have just bought bullets or whisky.
You can buy pre-made pastry shells at Walmart, dump the mince in and shove in the oven.....

Are sprouts a veg available in the US ?
I like mine finley sliced in a blender then stir fried with some finely sliced strips of lean bacon. The kids love them and don't know what they are.

PAARRPP!!
Dip raw sprouts in chocolate, wrap in silver paper. Hand out at Halloween.

CFB
Take an Orange from the box.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
smeg-head The Book Club 4
adouglasmhor The NAAFI Bar 22
Grouchy Cookery 15

Latest Threads