Mince Pies????

Can I recommend Batch Chaps to our cousins ?

Used to be standard stuff in Sainsbury's mid-70s. Can't think when I last saw any

You could...

Of course there would likely be a short supply to produce it, as Hog Jowls are rather popular down South, especially for New Years to throw in our black-eyed peas. Up North would be PannHaas and Scrapple competing for the scraps, and around lower Ohio and Northern KY (where I am from) would be the additional competition of Goetta and Head Cheese (usually called Souse, but not Souse in the Caribbean sense.)

Evaporation, leaving behind anything formerly in solution. The completeness of evaporation will depend on what it is mixed in or laid on.
I think that in many cases, you want to cook off the raw alcohol as it can be quite harsh as an ingredient. Chefs flame off brandy added to sauces etc. for this reason. It's not as pointless as it may seem as the botanicals and suspended flavours will remain.

They thinks biscuits are "scones" don't confuse them anymore.
Biscuits are cobbler dough, not scone dough but very close, obviously you lot forgot how to make a decent cobbler.

The sale of mince pies should be restricted to the month of December only.
Failure to comply would result in punishment by death or being made to watch repeats of the wizard of oz 24/7.

Failure to comply would result in punishment by death or being made to watch repeats of the wizard of oz 24/7.
That principle should be extended first to all fruit and veg.

Greta Thunberg and all her metro lib acolytes can go and whistle up their sphyncters as long as they expect strawberries, avocados and iceberg lettuces to be on the shelves of their Waitrose throughout the year.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
My grandmother might disagree, after she wiped the floor with you!
Did she make a decent cobbler? I will accept apple crisp, as an example of a variation, could she also do a crumble and a brown Betty to a high standard? Anyway she may have remembered but you have still forgotten.

D

Deleted 24582

Did she make a decent cobbler? I will accept apple crisp, as an example of a variation, could she also do a crumble and a brown Betty to a high standard? Anyway she may have remembered but you have still forgotten.
She came from the Greatest generation, whilst not having it quite as badly as you Brits during WW2, she learned quick. Her baking skills are real, I get to sample them a couple times a year. So I know , but I do not have the ability to compete with a woman who is almost in her 9th decade of life.

Yokel

LE
Why? I want to see a picture of a girl wearing nothing but a Santa hat, with a stack of Mince Pies covering her between her legs, pouring cream on herself, and offering a bite of a pie resting on her outstretched foot.

Perhaps I should put that on another thread?

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
smeg-head The Book Club 4
adouglasmhor The NAAFI Bar 22
Grouchy Cookery 15

Latest Threads