Mince Pies????

D

Deleted 24582

In order to learn more about you folks, I did order some of these for my Brit Christmas craving package. Now I did notice they are mince pies, minus any sort of meat....and quite a few brands seemed to be "vegetarian". When did this happen and why are they still considered mincemeat when they are really just fruit pies?? Somebody help a confused Murican out here. I do look forward to trying them when they are dispatched next month some time. PS do you eat these suckers cold or heated?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
You can eat them either hot or cold

Don't they have google in America anymore?

D

Deleted 24582

You can eat them either hot or cold

Don't they have google in America anymore?
Not on Monday. We have trying to contact the USPS.

windswept398

Old-Salt
I send a care package to a mucker in the States every now and again. He can't get his head round the mincemeat things either.
In fairness, as a lad, neither could I. What a bone name for a fruit filling.

Not that you lot can talk. Biscuits and gravy?!

D

Deleted 24582

I send a care package to a mucker in the States every now and again. He can't get his head round the mincemeat things either.
In fairness, as a lad, neither could I. What a bone name for a fruit filling.

Not that you lot can talk. Biscuits and gravy?!
I understand, some of the cultural oddities are just weird. I am excited to try them, just kinda curious when people stopped putting meat in them.

endure

GCM

Are you getting any crumpets? Worth a try. Toasted and spread with butter till they drown in it.

windswept398

Old-Salt
I understand, some of the cultural oddities are just weird. I am excited to try them, just kinda curious when people stopped putting meat in them.
Alot of them still have meat in them.
But Victorian times is around the time they took the form we see today.

Heat them up in the micro, lather with cream and get it down you.

Those are Minced Pies made from fruit for proper meat you should try one of these:

1572288693238.png

or one of these:
1572288765026.png

I think the vegetarian tag is due to the lack of suet in the mincemeat. Eat warm with a hefty dollop of brandy/ whisky butter. Repeat until unable to continue. Eat cold when in a moving vehicle as this helps maintain structural integrity.

D

Deleted 24582

Are you getting any crumpets? Worth a try. Toasted and spread with butter till they drown in it.
Had those the last time. I sold my soul for the following.

Chocolate Hobnobs
Jaffa Cakes
Mr. Kiplings Mince Pie Slices
Cadbury Fudge Sticky Pudding
Cadbury Milk Chocolate Sticky Puds
Mr. Kipling Deep Filled Mince Pies
Mr. Kipling Raspberry Sponge Pudding

The idea will be to have some of these every weekend with the offspring to introduce them to things outside of America. I got the oldest addicted to the Jaffa cakes. I would imagine ordering more from these folks throughout the year as long as they follow through, my last supplier called it quits and retired.

In order to learn more about you folks, I did order some of these for my Brit Christmas craving package. Now I did notice they are mince pies, minus any sort of meat....and quite a few brands seemed to be "vegetarian". When did this happen and why are they still considered mincemeat when they are really just fruit pies?? Somebody help a confused Murican out here. I do look forward to trying them when they are dispatched next month some time. PS do you eat these suckers cold or heated?
Don't eat them with graaaaaavy, lad.
They are nice, warm with custard, ice cream or double cream.
Heartburn in a box.

D

Deleted 24582

Alot of them still have meat in them.
But Victorian times is around the time they took the form we see today.

Heat them up in the micro, lather with cream and get it down you.
Alright, I do like the idea of drinking whisky while munching on one of these.

Wait until you encounter a scotched egg. One of my mates, from Glasgow emigrated to the US he constantly moans that in his neck of the woods they've never heard of Scotched eggs, and would likely burn him for suggesting such an arrangement of Egg.

Those look kinda tasty, I would like to give them a go in the future.
Buy a bunch but ship em to my house 1st, I'll drive 'em over to your place when they arrive ;-)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
smeg-head The Book Club 4
adouglasmhor The NAAFI Bar 22
Grouchy Cookery 15

Latest Threads