Minatures in Mess on Evening Dress

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Cpl_Inuendo, Dec 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Please someone let me know the rules on Minatures on Civillian Evening Dress.

Off to Mess function tonight - am I entitled to wear my minatures on my evening dress - Left in 2005 and never really thought to ask before now. It is in the Mess of the Regiment I served with please advise soonest as only got 2 hours to find out otherwise I'll go naked lol.

2. If they're in Mess Dress, then do so
  3. Perfectly entitled to wear them at a Mess function. As has been said on ARRSE before it might be considered a bit Walty to wear them on a DJ at a civvy do.
  4. Thanks guys - so which side do I wear them on?? LHS as with mess dress?? And I'm a gal so it may look walty anyway!
  5. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Yep same as Mess Dress
  6. Hey if you're really worried about it put them in your handbag then on arrival take a quick look round and if you're happy that others are wearing them nip into the ladies and put them on.
  7. But if you're wearing George boot/Mess Wellies with your DJ.... take a tip, leave the spurs at home.... ;)
  8. Yep - left hand side.
  9. Won't she look a bit silly in a posh frock and George Boots?

The 2008 Award for "Not Reading All Of The Thread" goes to ..............
  10. Nice one Airfix, 7Ps etc.
  11. Well, you wear make-up when you ought to be wearing a brown paper bag so there's just no telling what you 'girls' might wear on your trotters... er, soz, I mean feet....
  12. you will have had your function by now... what happened!?!
    from my own experience you are expected to wear your min medals if invited back to a mess-do where they are wearing mess dress. You cannot wear mess dress of course so an evening black suit with bow tie is the norm. If it is a function where they are in civvy jackets and suits you dress the same - where nobody wears min medals.
    Ex Mess flunky!

PS do not wear Bling medals... you will not be invited again!
  13. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

And second prize for not reading the thread goes to..............

Why would SHE wear a black suit & bow tie?
  14. Thanks for all your replies - went got drunk came home with sore feet - it all worked out lovely and all people commented on was how different I was compared to when I left - I am a woman now lol with hair and make up!!

Hey ho chuz for now