• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Minatures in Mess on Evening Dress

Please someone let me know the rules on Minatures on Civillian Evening Dress.

Off to Mess function tonight - am I entitled to wear my minatures on my evening dress - Left in 2005 and never really thought to ask before now. It is in the Mess of the Regiment I served with please advise soonest as only got 2 hours to find out otherwise I'll go naked lol.

Thanks

Perfectly entitled to wear them at a Mess function. As has been said on ARRSE before it might be considered a bit Walty to wear them on a DJ at a civvy do.

Hey if you're really worried about it put them in your handbag then on arrival take a quick look round and if you're happy that others are wearing them nip into the ladies and put them on.

Airfix said:
But if you're wearing George boot/Mess Wellies with your DJ.... take a tip, leave the spurs at home.... ;)
Won't she look a bit silly in a posh frock and George Boots?

The 2008 Award for "Not Reading All Of The Thread" goes to ..............

The_Snail said:
Airfix said:
But if you're wearing George boot/Mess Wellies with your DJ.... take a tip, leave the spurs at home.... ;)
Won't she look a bit silly in a posh frock and George Boots?

The 2008 Award for "Not Reading All Of The Thread" goes to ..............
Well, you wear make-up when you ought to be wearing a brown paper bag so there's just no telling what you 'girls' might wear on your trotters... er, soz, I mean feet....

you will have had your function by now... what happened!?!
from my own experience you are expected to wear your min medals if invited back to a mess-do where they are wearing mess dress. You cannot wear mess dress of course so an evening black suit with bow tie is the norm. If it is a function where they are in civvy jackets and suits you dress the same - where nobody wears min medals.
Ex Mess flunky!

PS do not wear Bling medals... you will not be invited again!

oldbaldy

LE
Reservist said:
you will have had your function by now... what happened!?!
from my own experience you are expected to wear your min medals if invited back to a mess-do where they are wearing mess dress. You cannot wear mess dress of course so an evening black suit with bow tie is the norm. If it is a function where they are in civvy jackets and suits you dress the same - where nobody wears min medals.
Ex Mess flunky!

PS do not wear Bling medals... you will not be invited again!
And second prize for not reading the thread goes to..............

Why would SHE wear a black suit & bow tie?

Thanks for all your replies - went got drunk came home with sore feet - it all worked out lovely and all people commented on was how different I was compared to when I left - I am a woman now lol with hair and make up!!

Hey ho chuz for now

Cpl_Inuendo said:
Thanks for all your replies - went got drunk came home with sore feet - it all worked out lovely and all people commented on was how different I was compared to when I left - I am a woman now lol with hair and make up!!

Hey ho chuz for now
So you're AKA Legs?

oldbaldy

LE
putteesinmyhands said:
Cpl_Inuendo said:

Hey ho chuz for now
So you're AKA Legs?
Legs is still serving, therefore has a mess dress!!

oldbaldy said:
putteesinmyhands said:
Cpl_Inuendo said:

Hey ho chuz for now
So you're AKA Legs?
Sorry. I've evidently mis-read something somewhere.

Thought Legs was ex, and therefore that was what all the fuss was about. Must pay more attention.

oldbaldy said:
putteesinmyhands said:
Cpl_Inuendo said:

Hey ho chuz for now
So you're AKA Legs?
As well as a penis and testicles.

FiveAlpha said:
oldbaldy said:
putteesinmyhands said:
Cpl_Inuendo said:

Hey ho chuz for now
So you're AKA Legs?
As well as a penis and testicles.
Now I'm sure that it's you who is misinformed. Or have I got it soooo wrong.

Not that it would make a ha'porth of difference to me anyway. Well, it would if it was me. Owwww! I can stand anything but pain. And the thought of it.