Min bmi?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Robp85, Jun 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've seen somewhere min bmi being 18 trying find confirmation this is right? It's 18.5 in general for healthy weight
  2. "Normal" weight is a BMI of 18.5 to 24.9.

My guess is that if you're too under/over weight, your recruiter will tell you to do something about it. And it's probably for the best (stop you getting ass raped in Basic).
  3. Sorry I should made clearer whats the army requirment, I went to careers office and they done me at 21 but that was with my suit with nothing on but my boxers I'm 18 I'm guessing that's how your weighed at selection not with shoes trousers shirt and suit jacket :)
  4. I have heard (through word of mouth) that 18 is the minimum and 28 the maximum. Could be bollocks though. I think they should put weight requirements on the website.
  5. No they shoudn't. If you're too dim to work out your BMI; we don't want you.
  6. Eh, what I meant was they should put the accepted ranges. People can then work out their own BMI and see if they need to eat more or less accordingly. Weight worries from skinny types seems to be a common question.