MILLING WHO DOES IT

I think everyone is going crazy over this at the moment due to the media and the latrines naked fighting style.

Another journalist in the wire, watch and shoot, watch and shoot!

Stabs don't Mil. We just do underwater Knife Fighting Courses. Who wants to Mil, when you have a knife?

The Dutch are a good bet, what with all those windmills. Personally, I'd just buy a ready sliced loaf, why make work for yourself?

Turner50 said:
Who does milling ?

I know the Paras do it as part of P company

do any other regiments do it or any cadets at sandhurst?
Unless things have changed of late, many Units in the RE's use milling (unofficially) as part of their Junior NCO Cadres... no doubt other Corps and Infantry Units also use the same if not similar, all good character building stuff...

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I think you want to speak to Mr Windy and he was last seen on Camberwick Green

Turner50 said:
Who does milling ?

I know the Paras do it as part of P company

Unless things have changed of late, many Units in the RE's use milling (unofficially) as part of their Junior NCO Cadres... no doubt other Corps and Infantry Units also use the same if not similar, all good character building stuff...

yep, Gundulf I did as part of mine, many moons ago !!!! Now adays I mill black pepper onto my dinner, does that count???

Grumpy_old_sod said:
yep, Gundulf I did as part of mine, many moons ago !!!! Now adays I mill black pepper onto my dinner, does that count???
You should try milling with a 3 peppercorn mix, much more appetising and pleasing to the eye...

Thanks for the advice, I'll take the oppotunity of recce afternoon and nip to tescos to buy some!!!! Nice to swap culinary tips with a fellow member of THE Corps!!

Grumpy_old_sod said:
Thanks for the advice, I'll take the oppotunity of recce afternoon and nip to tescos to buy some!!!! Nice to swap culinary tips with a fellow member of THE Corps!!
We could go into Corps Curries and Chilli's but we'll need an entire Forum to do that, you still can't beat a Gurkha curry if you get the opportunity to have scoff with them, we were invited twice a week in the Precission Factory as they were fellow Corps lads from 69...

journos ..... gotta love em eh ....

dont bother doing any research, just put a spurious post on a militairy website and see what happens.

I did it in the '80s with the engineers ...

we dressed up as characters from famous musicals, i was the von trapp family from the sound of music.

it was character building (6 kids and a dancing nun as i remember)

fu ck off and find out for yourself scum bag .... and STOP pretending to be the "forces friend" cos the only people you aint foolin is the forces...

c0ck.

all good character building stuff...

And it keeps the dentists in work.

Turner50 said:
Who does milling ?

Sandhurst yes. Blindfold, in smoking jackets. First termers have to do it whilst hopping.

shortfuse said:
journos ..... gotta love em eh ....

dont bother doing any research, just put a spurious post on a militairy website and see what happens.

I did it in the '80s with the engineers ...

we dressed up as characters from famous musicals, i was the von trapp family from the sound of music.

it was character building (6 kids and a dancing nun as i remember)

fu ck off and find out for yourself scum bag .... and STOP pretending to be the "forces friend" cos the only people you aint foolin is the forces...

c0ck.
Ah! you think this is probably a Journo shortfuse trying to get a story about 'Arry's' training? if it is, then what absolute utter scum these people are! the fact that probably most of them (not all! as I met a former SF chap a few years ago who turned to it and does an excellent job) have never been in the Military and have no idea what is behind the training or continued training of the same British Forces keeping him or her safe from the World's scum, but yet are currently trying their hardest to ridicule those same Armed Forces!!! total scumbags! bring back National Service for these knob end warts of the human race...

Royal Engineers do, whilst dressed as Bob the Builder, using whatever takes their fancy from the various toolkits to spice things up e.g. nailguns and stuff like that.

I also hear the RLC do a fair bit of milling at functions etc... helps with the garnishing.