MILLING WHO DOES IT

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Turner50, Nov 30, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Who does milling ?

I know the Paras do it as part of P company

do any other regiments do it or any cadets at sandhurst?

2. mandatory boxing on RowCo

3. I think everyone is going crazy over this at the moment due to the media and the latrines naked fighting style.

Another journalist in the wire, watch and shoot, watch and shoot!

4. we only did it naked

5. Stabs don't Mil. We just do underwater Knife Fighting Courses. Who wants to Mil, when you have a knife?

6. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

With a few specific exceptions, it was banned as a training/selection method in 1987.

7. The Dutch are a good bet, what with all those windmills. Personally, I'd just buy a ready sliced loaf, why make work for yourself?

8. Unless things have changed of late, many Units in the RE's use milling (unofficially) as part of their Junior NCO Cadres... no doubt other Corps and Infantry Units also use the same if not similar, all good character building stuff...

[​IMG]

9. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I think you want to speak to Mr Windy and he was last seen on Camberwick Green

10. Unless things have changed of late, many Units in the RE's use milling (unofficially) as part of their Junior NCO Cadres... no doubt other Corps and Infantry Units also use the same if not similar, all good character building stuff...

[​IMG]

11. yep, Gundulf I did as part of mine, many moons ago !!!! Now adays I mill black pepper onto my dinner, does that count???

12. You should try milling with a 3 peppercorn mix, much more appetising and pleasing to the eye...

13. Thanks for the advice, I'll take the oppotunity of recce afternoon and nip to tescos to buy some!!!! Nice to swap culinary tips with a fellow member of THE Corps!!

14. We could go into Corps Curries and Chilli's but we'll need an entire Forum to do that, you still can't beat a Gurkha curry if you get the opportunity to have scoff with them, we were invited twice a week in the Precission Factory as they were fellow Corps lads from 69...

15. journos ..... gotta love em eh ....

dont bother doing any research, just put a spurious post on a militairy website and see what happens.

I did it in the '80s with the engineers ...

we dressed up as characters from famous musicals, i was the von trapp family from the sound of music.

it was character building (6 kids and a dancing nun as i remember)

fu ck off and find out for yourself scum bag .... and STOP pretending to be the "forces friend" cos the only people you aint foolin is the forces...

c0ck.