Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Str8Bloke, Apr 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Check out this brilliant kit comparison site. It's based on the west coast of the US and is geared towards US kit. It's so good, Bawidamann knocked up a T.Shirt for them.

Surely a standard for the QM to aim for?
  2. One of the blokes who runs it is a Brit who now lives in the US.
  3. Well, that explains the brilliance then. Yank money, Brit brains!
  4. I've heard somewhere that some of his reviews are a little on the over positive side, while failing to mention issues that may exist. but it's still a good place, and by all acounts the gear he's been involved in designing is top-notch (although expensive)
  5. Thanks for your reply, phaserrifle, however I suppose that ALL comparison sites differ. It's human nature. However at least MM is current and shows lots of photos.
    What did you use the site for, if you don't mind me asking?
  6. Came here expecting a thread about Gator ...
  7. Why? you got a hard on for him/she/it?
  8. I used followed it for a while out of idle interest, while I was still a bit "army mad". I did find it has helped me on what to look for for in a well made bag (for civilian use).
    the critism is'nt mine, it was something other people have commented on, on annother site I frequent, which is a forum with an intersest in some of the bags he reviews. I've never owned any of them to compare.
    but the photo's are very good, and I also like the way he tries to show how it would work with other gear, not just the item being reviewed in isolation.
  9. Err, no. Suffice to say if you don't know who I'm talking about (apparently a "him", though that seems to be the only fact not in dispute) then I shan't spoil your life by introducing you to the subject.
  10. Have you checked the site, by chance?