Military wedding, gold lanyard with blues.......

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by atko, Nov 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gents,

I'm soon to be married and will be wearing my blues; I've seen a few pictures of RA Weddings/Parades etc where the soldiers are wearing gold lanyards with blues. Can anyone tell me where I can get one, what they represent and whether I'm entitled to wear one?

I'm an NCO in the TA gunner regiment and have permission from the boss to wear blues. Our BQMS thinks he knows where to get them, but I just want to make sure I'm not breaking any dress regulations.

Cheers

Atko

2. The gold lanyard worn with blues are 'lines' - worn by RHA. If you're RHA then they'll be issued with blues. If you're RA then it's blues only.

3. atko, DO NOT wear any type of lanyard with blues, as stated these are not actual lanyards as such and are for the RHA only, long with silly nipple buttons. Being a TA Gunner you won't be a donkey walloper.

Also please, please, please do not wear the white one either, I've seen people do it (including a senior rank) and its pants.

If you fancy something different then, providing you are a Yeomanry Battery, you can wear some funky chainmail thingies on your shoulder, sort of like these ones modelled by the HAC

[​IMG]

4. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

HAC gun salute with 25 pounders?

Excuse me I think I've just cum.

5. Hope they pick up all that Brass

6. Many thanks for the advice, now where can I get hold of the sholder pad thingys, I think I'm Yeomanry................?????

7. How can you not know which regiment you're in???? Are you a cadet or something? I suggest you get down to your local suit hire shop, sounds like you just want to dress up.

8. Bty's don't tend to take much notice of what regiment they're in, its all about the bty, especially when your part of a bty that been part of and/or affiliated to a number of regiments over the years.

9. Bty's don't tend to take much notice of what regiment they're in, its all about the bty, especially when your part of a bty that been part of and/or affiliated to a number of regiments over the years.

10. So, what Bty are you in then? What are your Bty's antecedents?

11. OK, if you are in any of the following then yes you can have the chain mail bit

201 (Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire)Yeomanry Battery
    C (Glamorgan Yeomanry) Troop, 211 (South Wales) Battery
    307 (South Nottinghamshire Hussars) Battery
    457 (Hampshire Yeomanry) Battery

If you are not but are in any of the other Btys in

100th (Yeomanry) Regiment Royal Artillery
    106th (Yeomanry) Regiment Royal Artillery

You might be in with a shot

Where do you source them from ? Feck knowa, I could ask our BC as he got some for his Patrol uniform

12. "Bty's don't take notice of which Regiments they're in"??????

Get a grip man; how the feck did you know to post on this site then?

13. We don't, but then again there are Regiments and there are Royal Regiments, we know the difference, if YOU don't then YOU can't comment on others. Sometimes it would be easier if we could write our history on the back of a fag packet, like some corps and regts, but we can't.

14. They're called "ball buttons", you FBB :wink:

15. They look like miniature sexual aids and you know it

Once a flatty always a flatty