"Military" Watches

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by maninblack, Dec 9, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

I know the internet is full of "crap" claiming to be genuine but can anyone shed any light on the plethora of "EOD Royal Engineer" watches that turn up on Ebay? I assume that this is a PRI shop thing or some such creation.
    ???

2. Not answering your question I know but on a simelar subject Argos sell a nice lttle lorus watch with a canvas strap for under £25.00 I have worn one for three years now - the dial glows in the dark but a bit of tape over it and velcro your sleave up it's fine. Why pay loads for something

3. May have the broad arrow - But differently not military issue!

Produced for 101 EOD Regiment Royal Engineer (V) as a PRI item.

Dead givaway is the US Army Ordnance Corps stamp on certificate!

[​IMG]

4. Hmmm, I have seen a very similar looking watch that I was told was made as a presentation piece. It's difficult to tell from the photo, but the one I saw had cats behind the numbers and on the sweep hand, the pictured one doesn't appear to have thhose embelishments.

5. Neo

Neo Clanker

Interesting, I have been shown one of these watches(with the black cat) just the other day. It was bought at a garage sale in SYDNEY belive it or not. It had the 101 EOD logo on it too. It was brand new and I was asked if I had seen them before. I cannot remember anyone in 101 wearing one although I haven't served with them but did spend a while at 33. Never saw them at 33 either so quite a wierd one. Still strange to see one over here, the guy bought it for about $10.00 Aus. Don't see any RLC Felix ones up for grabs, maybe can't tell the time then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: