Military Watches - article

UKTAP

LE
Used to wear one of these:

But the strap broke. £55 later, and 5 months, strap went again. Not a happy bunny.
I must admit that my last couple of watches have been smart watches, leaving my more expensive Tag as a bit of an ornament.

I really need to get an Illuminator for work again though - it's getting tiresome having to do some stuff bare wristed because I can't use the smart watch in some places.

morsk

LE
I must admit that my last couple of watches have been smart watches, leaving my more expensive Tag as a bit of an ornament.

I really need to get an Illuminator for work again though - it's getting tiresome having to do some stuff bare wristed because I can't use the smart watch in some places.
I cant wear smart watches during the day. I am clumsy, they don't like the impacts they receive and they don't look right with uniform. I have an old Omega to wear with civvies, but I keep forgetting to put it on. I would like an old Russian one though. Suunto make great 'military' watches though. Bit pricey, which is why I wear a tenners worth. If I lose it, I buy another one......

TBH, a WW1 watch would have had a very limited lifespan in the trenches with a lack of anti-shock mechanisms, waterproofing and dust resistance.
Any kind of lens protection would have been offset by your watch slowly getting eaten alive by corrosion from within.
Still, it made the wrist watch popular.

Every day beater is a CWC SBS diver copy from HK. Reasonably subtle and walty enough to suggest my life is slightly more exciting than it actually is. It's an excellent time keeper and most importantly... I don't need my bloody glasses.

20200617_192521.jpg

Daily wearer at the moment , must be over 20 years old , had to have new guts fitted recently .

Attachments

Oooooooooh. Suits you Sir. I would LOVE one of them. Very nice mate. VERY nice
You can still get similar watches . Centre bottom is on I got in Moscow about 15 years ago. I wear it often and it keeps good time though the strap is not great quality but I’ve been too lazy to change it. Everyday watch is the Steinhart Sub lookalike and work is either of the two Casio at either end of the bottom row.
B7B336D6-51B6-4BC5-9F16-323F583B00FE.jpeg

You can still get similar watches . Centre bottom is on I got in Moscow about 15 years ago. I wear it often and it keeps good time though the strap is not great quality but I’ve been too lazy to change it. Everyday watch is the Steinhart Sub lookalike and work is either of the two Casio at either end of the bottom row.View attachment 483079
Where did you get the box from?

Latest Threads