Military Veterans File Suit Over Rape Claims

Military Veterans File Suit Over Rape Claims - CBS News

More than a dozen U.S. veterans who say they were raped or assaulted by comrades filed a class-action suit in federal court Tuesday attempting to force the Pentagon to change how it handles such cases.

The current and former service members - 15 women and two men - describe circumstances in which servicemen allegedly got away with rape and other sexual abuse while their victims were ordered to continue to serve with them.
In one incident, an Army Reservist says two male colleagues raped her in Iraq and videotaped the attack. She complained to authorities after the men circulated the video to colleagues. Despite being bruised from her shoulders to elbows from being held down, she says charges weren't filed because the commander determined she "did not act like a rape victim" and "did not struggle enough" and authorities said they didn't want to delay the scheduled return of the alleged attackers to the United States.
Such a barbarian brutality.

Yes, beatings in the Russian Army are still common, though the scale is lesser than previously. As for rapes in the Russian Army then I haven't heard about it. Maybe one or two isolated cases.

As I'm aware (correct me if I'm wrong) rapes in HM armed forces are extremely rare.

I remember one case in Yorkshire. Some soldiers had a group sex in barrcks with a girl below 16yo. From formal point of view it is a rape.

It's called 'doing an Assange' now. Pointing out the failings of others while ignoring/hiding your own. KGB has a track record of drawing attention to and over egging a problem with the US/UK/Western Armed Forces and ignores those much bigger problems that the Russian Armed Forces have.

But then you all know that so why did I bother? ;-)

It's called 'doing an Assange' now. Pointing out the failings of others while ignoring/hiding your own. KGB has a track record of drawing attention to and over egging a problem with the US/UK/Western Armed Forces and ignores those much bigger problems that the Russian Armed Forces have.

But then you all know that so why did I bother? ;-)
Plant-Pilot, there is a lot of problems in Russian armed forces. But it is not so interesting to our friends. Russian army hardly is a threat to anubody except tie-chewing morons. In comparison with NATO forces Russian ones are in fact insignificant.

But without USA NATO would be voided its backbone. I hope you agree with it. So high morale, spirit of military brotherhood (and sisterhood) is essential for security of many European countries, including the UK.

If something goes wrong in the US army then is it a matter for big concern. is it?

I remember this story. It was invented. Nothing was find during proper investigation.
You mean as is usual in Russia, all the witness's had car crashes or committed suicide?

A 'proper investigation'? By whom? Oh, and, linky please - even if it is to the authorities denying they have a problem?
The report about so called 'gay slavery' was forged by (likely paid) female activist. No one 'gay prostitute' was found, no one comlpained.

Plant-Pilot, there is a lot of problems in Russian armed forces. But it is not so interesting to our friends. Russian army hardly is a threat to anubody except tie-chewing morons. In comparison with NATO forces Russian ones are in fact insignificant.

But without USA NATO would be voided its backbone. I hope you agree with it. So high morale, spirit of military brotherhood (and sisterhood) is essential for security of many European countries, including the UK.

If something goes wrong in the US army then is it a matter for big concern. is it?
I seem to remember a bit of a fuss over DOCUMENTED PROOF of widespread torture and abuse at Abu Ghraib but NATO is still going isnt it?

The report about so called 'gay slavery' was forged by (likely paid) female activist. No one 'gay prostitute' was found, no one comlpained.
Do you have any links for this, even unreliable ones such as Pravda, or do we just have to take your unsupported word on it?

Im sure the 100,000 eye witness accounts and historical evidence would beg to differ
Really? You are simple brainwashed. The creators of the myth about mass rapes haven't named even one village or small town where more or less significant number of German women were raped.

How many were raped in Potsdam? in Frankfurt an der Oder? In Bauzen? In Zittau? In Cottbus? In Eberswalde?

You haven't heard about it? Just because any claim can be checked by testimonies of inhabitants.

So 'historians' make common 'estimates'.

Oh come on mate, that cant be true, no self respecting Russian would ever slander the glorious Red Army or the sweet Motherland, they must all be wreckers and provocatuers, agents of the Imperial capitalist western dogs every last one.

Women and young girls being raped and left to die as written from firsthand experience by Alexander Solzhenitsyn in his book Prussian Nights, just never happened! The red army did not rape their way across eastern europe on their way to the Riechstag, No yougolsavs or slovaks or czech women were raped, no liberated Concentration camp victims were raped and certainly no Germans were raped. it just couldnt have happened.